• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Injured toe

David Hobson

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese, Norte
I have been planning to start my Norte and Primitivo Camino on June 5th. But I somehow kicked a door with my next to little toe and did it hurt. (It really did!) The toe swelled straight away and I self diagnosed a fracture. Three days later and what I thought was a pressure ridge on the swollen toe, turned out to be a lot of pus. Yuk.
Pricked and sqeezed it and hoping still to arrive in Irun on 4th and start my first Albergue Camino the next day.
Hope to meet some of you on my journey.
Burn Camino
David

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
See a doctor! If you are right and this is an infected fracture of the bone - that is serious! Serious as in, infected bone - need for iv antibiotics if not > blood poisoning! If you are wrong and it is something less serious - at least you know for sure! Buen Camino, SY

Please do not take the risk .See a doctor ASAP!!!! All the best to the OP!

And a further note to pilgrims with ( pre ) diabetes even when you are only taking oral meds: do not prick or treat your foot injuries yourself. See a doc.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well done for seeking out professional help! Speedy recovery and Buen Camino, SY

You'll be saying goodbye to that toe nail shortly then.
Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Oops, erupted again. Pus again so had to visit local doctor to get antibiotics. Four days later now and it seems to have settled down. Three days before my Camino starts so no chance to build mileage up.
Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Hi! I’m a Camino newbie planning on walking Camino del Norte this May-June. I have previous hiking experience and do well on longer distances and so on, but not any super recent multi day long...
I’m on day 2 of the CDN and I’m just blown away by the views. Day 1 Irun to San Sebastián, day 2 San Sebastián to Askizu Buen Camino

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back