• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Injury in Estella, best way to skip ahead to Logroño

SydneyUSA

Time of past OR future Camino
2019 jan-feb (current)
My boyfriend and I are 5 days into the camino and he has developed a pretty bad foor injury stopping him for the next few days. We are trying to stay on track so we camped out in Estella for the last 2 days and are skipping ahead for one last day of rest before starting again in Logroño. I know there are buses I was just wondering how easy and reliable those are. We speak very little spanish and my boyfriend can barely walk as of right now. I am also getting a little stir crazy, any suggestions?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
So sorry to hear about his injury - my husband ended up in hospital in Estella and I did find that the local buses (Estellana?) are reliable and good, just go down to the station not far from the main square (in actual town across the bridge from the camino, which goes right past the town) and they will help you. Lots of places to sit your other half down at a café while you sort things out. Hope he gets well soon!

Oh and we went back there last year and took at taxi at night from Logroño to Estella, and paid about €60 if that helps.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi, sorry to hear about your bf's injury! The bus company that goes to Logrono is called La Estella, you can get the timetable here: https://www.laestellesa.com/es/horarios-compra

Otherwise, I've added screenshots of the Friday and Saturday timetables in case you're having difficulty using the site in Spanish. The time is on the far left of the screen (the starting point and destination are listed in the middle, but the time on the left is the departure from Estella). The buses leave from the bus station.

Attachments

• Friday 25:01.png
    Friday 25:01.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Saturday 26:01.png
    Saturday 26:01.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 8
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Here is the address and telephone for the bus station.
Hit the https code for a photo and map location.

Good luck to both of you

La Estellesa S. A.
Plaza de la Coronación, 31200 Estella, Navarra, Spain

+34 948 55 01 27

https://g.co/kgs/9nY46j

Well , there are buses and some stop at most Camino towns - I would certainly take advantage and stop off at Viana which is my favorite town.(One stop before Logrono). One may get a double room for as little as €35. Much cheaper and more intimate with plenty to see and do. see image for a start - you will not be disappointed.
Oops , most ambiguous, I feel Viana is more intimate than Logrono. ;)

Attachments

• a asun.jpg
    a asun.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
That's fabulous news! Thanks for the update. Have a very buen camino :cool:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back