• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Injury - transport Ponte de Lima to Rubaies

phildimashq

Time of past OR future Camino
CP coastal then central then spiritual June 22
Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone knows of public transport options from Ponte de Lima to Rubaies?

Picked up an injury, limping quite badly and doing think I'll be able to walk it.

I'll be going tomorrow, sunday

Thanks Phil

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Phil,

Check out these possibilities from Rome2Rio.
Unfortunately the bus does not go to Rubiaes. A taxi would be best. Google the terms Ponte de Lima taxi for various possiblities.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Phil,

Check out these possibilities from Rome2Rio.
Unfortunately the bus does not go to Rubiaes. A taxi would be best. Google the terms Ponte de Lima taxi for various possiblities.

Good luck!
Thank you. That is what I saw yesterday, but I was still hoping the might be a bus (even on a Sunday !!!).

I'll ask my hostel to see if they can organise a taxi and then collect some supplies from farmacia. Hopefully one day off the feet will be enough and I can continue tomorrow.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you. That is what I saw yesterday, but I was still hoping the might be a bus (even on a Sunday !!!).

I'll ask my hostel to see if they can organise a taxi and then collect some supplies from farmacia. Hopefully one day off the feet will be enough and I can continue tomorrow.
There is a bus but it comes from Braga end has a stop in a hamlet about 4 kms from Rubiães and goes once or twice a day so the taxi will be your only alternative.

Hope you recover soon and can continue soon. The worst part , Ponte de Lima to Rubiães will be behind you .

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone knows of public transport options from Ponte de Lima to Rubaies?

Picked up an injury, limping quite badly and doing think I'll be able to walk it.

I'll be going tomorrow, sunday

Thanks Phil
Have a look at the Rome2Rio app.

Have a look at the Rome2Rio app.
Phil heeft al een taxi genomen een paar dagen geleden liet hij weten in deze draad.Het werkt in noord Portugal niet zoals bij ons met openbaar vervoer. Rijden er regelmatig treinen en bussen van Delfzijl naar Groningen of van Ouddorp naar Middelharnis , daar gaat af en toe een bus en vaak niet in de weekends .
Dat was bij Phil ook het geval. Maar de taxi bracht uitkomst. 😊
Groeten uit zonnig Ouddorp

Phil heeft al een taxi genomen een paar dagen geleden liet hij weten in deze draad.Het werkt in noord Portugal niet zoals bij ons met openbaar vervoer. Rijden er regelmatig treinen en bussen van Delfzijl naar Groningen of van Ouddorp naar Middelharnis , daar gaat af en toe een bus en vaak niet in de weekends .
Dat was bij Phil ook het geval. Maar de taxi bracht uitkomst. 😊
Groeten uit zonnig Ouddorp
De Rome2Rio app houdt rekening met weekendvervoer probeer maar eens. Het geeft zeer goed advies vanuit de kleinste gehuchtjes over de gehele wereld😁

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
De Rome2Rio app houdt rekening met weekendvervoer probeer maar eens. Het geeft zeer goed advies vanuit de kleinste gehuchtjes over de gehele wereld😁
Ik deed dat voor hem want ik reserveerde voor hem bij Casa da Fernanda een overnachting en daarna ging het mis naar Ponte de Lima dus dacht ik met hem mee.
Er was ook een Franse groep die op zaterdag naar Rubiães wilde reizen Dat was ook een hoop gedoe En de taxi bracht uiteindelijk uitkomst. De openbare vervoer infrastructuur in noord Portugal is niet zo goed op orde. Ik kom er regelmatig.
Maar inderdaad raadpleeg ik ook altijd Rome2Rio wat de mogelijkheden zijn.
Je kunt beter van Ouddorp naar Delfzijl reizen dan van Ponte de Lima naar Rubiães .😊

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back