• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

input needed re: Train from Lisbon to Lagos

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
To those that have either done this or know the train system way better than I do (which would be the majority)...
this site seems to imply there are two different transactions for Lisbon-Tunes and Tunes-Lagos that total about 50 Euros.
It does imply that there is "now" away to purchase both at the same time.
I THINK I have just done that but I was given only ONE cost and if I did it correctly it was a STEAL of 9 Euros a passenger (clearly marked a PROMO).
Any extra eyes willing to see if I am doing this correctly?
We are leaving March 20th one way Lisbon to Lagos (shift to smaller, slower train in Tunes).
Edited to add the site
http://www.lagosportugalguide.com/lagos-algarve/Lisbon-to-Lagos-bus.html

Thanks in advance!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
To those that have either done this or know the train system way better than I do (which would be the majority)...
this site seems to imply there are two different transactions for Lisbon-Tunes and Tunes-Lagos that total about 50 Euros.
I THINK I have just done that but I was given only ONE cost and if I did it correctly it was a STEAL of 9 Euros a passenger (clearly marked a PROMO).
We are leaving March 20th one way Lisbon to Lagos (shift to smaller, slower train in Tunes).
Edited to add the site

Thanks in advance!
And confusing me more this site says it would be 80 Euros a person...
now I am fearful I have not booked correctly...
http://www.raileurope.com/spip.php?page=sales&re_domain=ptp&re_oper=results&step=results

Ok, I took a look. Yes, it appears to be priced for entire journey.

Lisboa Entrecampos 8:31 departure arrives at 12:08
First leg of journey 8:31 to 10:52.
Change trains for 11:06 departure on second leg.
Priced at €11.55 2nd class. 20th March.

Edit: I used Comboios de Portugal app.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ok, I took a look. Yes, it appears to be priced for entire journey.

Lisboa Entrecampos 8:31 departure arrives at 12:08
First leg of journey 8:31 to 10:52.
Change trains for 11:06 departure on second leg.
Priced at €11.55 2nd class. 20th March.

Edit: I used Comboios de Portugal app.
A thank you x a million!!!!!! It seemed too good to be true...especially after seeing that $80 option....

Hi, @shefollowsshells, I just used the comboios de Portugal website and came up with the cheapest fare for that day being about 14 €. Higher than what @crackmrmac found, but lower than $80. You probably know this, but just in case, if you buy your ticket from Rail Europe or some other broker, you will pay a feee. Some people do it for the convenience, but I would try the direct comboios de Portugal website if you want to save some euros.

Edited to add the site

Thanks in advance!
First off you need to do this via the Portuguese "Comboios" site. Yes you should be able to do this on their site (change to english for ease in navigation). Simply plug in Lisboa (Oriente station) to Lagos. You will switch from the nicer train to the graffiti painted local train in Tunes. The trains do coordinate their times so you shouldn't have to wait more than five minutes. An added bonus; if you happen to be 65 or older, all trains throughout Portugal are 50% off. You can also do all this at thé Oriente station in Lisboa if that is any easier due to time constraints or whatever. I live in Ferragudo which is two stops before Lagos, so please holler with any other questions.

First off you need to do this via the Portuguese "Comboios" site. Yes you should be able to do this on their site (change to english for ease in navigation). Simply plug in Lisboa (Oriente station) to Lagos. You will switch from the nicer train to the graffiti painted local train in Tunes. The trains do coordinate their times so you shouldn't have to wait more than five minutes. An added bonus; if you happen to be 65 or older, all trains throughout Portugal are 50% off. You can also do all this at thé Oriente station in Lisboa if that is any easier due to time constraints or whatever. I live in Ferragudo which is two stops before Lagos, so please holler with any other questions.
You're awesome!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back