• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

INR-test

Roger Hogstrom

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2001 and 2006, Via de la plata 2007,2010,2017,2019. CdM 3 times Ruta de la lana (2021
I need to take an INR-test (I take anticoagulation meds for a heartcondition) on my pigrimage once a week. Where can I do that. In a Centro de salud?

Roger

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You could always consider getting a Coaguchek device, this is a small device like a blood glucose device were u can test your own blood INR. You than don't have to rely on pathology companies and only takes a few minutes to get a result, blood company's can take a few hours. Coaguchek devices can be a little expensive but great for people travelling. Lots info on Internet.

Depending which route you take, you may have a problem testing 1x a week.

A Centro de Salud would be the most appropriate place but many small towns do not have one and then you would need to visit the local physician who often has limited office hours (they work in several towns). The problem is that you will not have the result on the spot in this case as the analysis is done elsewhere.

I was in Grañón last year as a hospitalera and should have had mine checked once (I only had to do it every 6 weeks) but I was told that the sample needed to be sent to Santo Domingo and that I would have the result only within a few days. The other option was to go to Sto. Domingo myself early a.m. to test then wait for the results. I did neither as was leaving shortly after that. But in my case it was not urgent, I just continued with my usual schedule and did the testing when I returned home.

I suggest that you discuss with your physician as your situation is quite different.
Good luck!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thank you for your answer.
I will walk camino de Madrid - to Shagun-frances to Leon and from there camino del Salvador to Oviedo.I have looked for bigger citys like Seovia, Sahagun ,Leon and Oviedo and if they have centros it´s enough for me. One more question: Can they send the result as textmessage on your phone ?
My doctor in Sweden says that it´s okay for him to recieve the result on cellphone and give tell me via phon how many pills I shall take.

Roger

Sorry Roger, I am only reading your post now. I have no idea if they can text you the results by phone. Maybe if you explain the situation being a pilgrim and all. You will be in quite a few large cities so finding a centro de salud should not be a problem. Have the addresses and telephone numbers on hand.
This is what I came up with in SahagĂşn and Segovia. In Leon and Oviedo there were many different options so I suggest that you see which is the closest to the albergue.

Centro de Salud SahagĂşn
Direccion: C/ CONSTITUCIĂ“N, S/N
Codigo Postal: 24320
Telefono: 987781291

Segovia:
buzges.cs07@gapse07.sacyl.es
Centro de Salud Segovia 1
Calle de Santo Tomás, 9, 40002 Segovia
Telefoon:+34 921 41 93 49

Good luck and buen Camino!

Thank you very much. The spanishteacher at the school I work on will help me and phone the centros from Sweden before I leave. My spanish isn´t that good :).I leave 6/6 for Spain and the camino.

Roger from Sweden

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back