Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Instructions...very important!

dean

HI everyone.I started my camino in ST.Jean Pied du Port on August 28/09.We were told in the Pilgrim 's Office to turn to the right when we exited the Office.Upon exiting,I spotted a bar across the street and we decided to get some lunch before starting out for Orisson.We spent about an hour eating and when we exited we turned to the right and proceeded to walk three kilometers in the wrong direction.No other back packers nor yellow arrows!!! Talk about your jet lag!!!
I was able to complete my camino without a repeat of that misadventure.When the student is ready the teacher will appear.
Thank you all for making this such a wonderful experience for me.

Best regards.....Dennis

Ajda

When I was reading your post, i remembered my first day on Camino. I was starting alone. And i was really nervous firstime pilgrim. I didn't have nothing for eat, i need to find bakery. Here on forum i read that bakery is on the same street as Camino. So, i was walking and looking around me to find bakery. I walk for a while and start worrying - i really didn't want to be hungry. So i decided to ask one men i met him on the street. He was very kind and i loved his French accent. He started to talk something about I need to go up and turn right, and than walked 13 kilometers. :shock: :lol:

Bakery was (of course) a few meters away.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts