• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Intentions before and after question

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I have a client asking this question, and aside from a regular confessional at Santiago, I've never heard of this.
Help?

She has heard there is meeting with a priest to discuss and name her intentions for making the walk, and then following up with a priest at the end for accountability and discernment. Not necessarily the traditional confession.

I do remember in SJPP when they USED to ask your intention. Not sure if they still do it.
Then at the Pilgrim office, they ask again.
Do you think this is what she's asking about?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
That's the way it was done around here in the 13th C when you could get a boat from Shoreham to Bilbao, Santander, A Coruna where-ever. You needed a meeting with the Bish and a note authorising your trip before the skipper could let you on board. And another, on your return. One reason being the need to explain why you were exempt from Tithe during your absence.

I guess your client is at liberty to make whatever arrangements she likes with her local diocese

That's the way it was done around here in the 13th C when you could get a boat from Shoreham to Bilbao, Santander, A Coruna where-ever. You needed a meeting with the Bish and a note authorising your trip before the skipper could let you on board. And another, on your return. One reason being the need to explain why you were exempt from Tithe during your absence.

I guess your client is at liberty to make whatever arrangements she likes with her local diocese
She is a pastor. :) I think she heard this was a tradition. Must have been reading a VERY old book! lol!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am a Catholic priest in California. I’ve had many parishioners walk the Camino. If they let me know before they go, I meet them in the church and sign a testimonium for them, verifying that they are a pilgrim in good standing (no longer necessary, but at one time they were the key to accessing pilgrim hospitals and hostels). I also place the first stamp on their credential, from Padre Serra Parish, their home church, and the starting point of their pilgrimage. I also recommend, getting to the point of your question, that if they haven’t gone to confession in a while, that they go before their departure or at the beginning, while on the way in Spain. Your pastor friend could easily do something equivalent, according to her tradition, with a nearby pastor friend.

I have a client asking this question, and aside from a regular confessional at Santiago, I've never heard of this.
Help?

She has heard there is meeting with a priest to discuss and name her intentions for making the walk, and then following up with a priest at the end for accountability and discernment. Not necessarily the traditional confession.

I do remember in SJPP when they USED to ask your intention. Not sure if they still do it.
Then at the Pilgrim office, they ask again.
Do you think this is what she's asking about?
I was asked in the pilgrims office in SJPdP and in Santiago the reason/purpose of my walk but that was it. For a fully faith based walk I think going to your local Minister is a great idea, not only because of accountability but for steady prayers along the way.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been incredibly inspired by so many stories of loss, pain, diagnosis, or other stories that tug at my heart strings, but one pilgrim, since lost in the threads here, was an 83 year old man...
In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
I started my training walks last fall in preparation for the camino frances this year. This included walking in the mall in bad winter weather (ugh!). My husband was undecided about joining me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.