• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

European Peace Walk - Inter-stage baggage transfers

rick taylor

Time of past OR future Camino
Looking to set out on the Camino Frances next May (2014)
Greetings all...

This question is more geared to those who have already walked the peace walk, which I wholeheartedly intend do to in 2016.

I walked the Camino Frances from St. Jean PdP to Santiago last year and they had mochilla transports (e.g. JacoTrans) from town to town. I didn't use them but my partner would like to walk the peace walk next year with me and having some sort of town to town mochilla service would seal the deal.

So...., is there some sort of baggage transport from town to town like we had over on the Camino Frances ?

Thanks for your responses...
Rick

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
OK....thanks for the reply, good to know for planning. FYI - we're planning on starting the Peace Walk on 23 July 2016. See you then !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
OK....thanks for the reply, good to know for planning. FYI - we're planning on starting the Peace Walk on 23 July 2016. See you then !
Rick, I didn't think the dates for EPW 2016 were available yet. When I go to their official website there is nothing about dates and registration for 2016-please let me know if their is another source for information and registration.

Franmaryp: they didn't open the 2015 registration until Jan-February this year so I assume it will be the same for 2016.

Fran and Laura - nope, not registered, but they did tell me they will most likely be starting on 01 July next year until a date late in August. Just wanted to put that bug in their ear about the 23rd... ;-)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Do we need sleeping bags or will there be linens provided in the lodgings?

Information I received from EPW organizers is sleeping bags are not necessary but liners are always helpful to have.

I am only finished with Day 5 but since Day 2 there has been an option every day to have your bags (or your body) transported to the next town for just a few euros when the cost is split by the group. I am writing notes about this option every day on my blog.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Greetings all...

This question is more geared to those who have already walked the peace walk, which I wholeheartedly intend do to in 2016.

I walked the Camino Frances from St. Jean PdP to Santiago last year and they had mochilla transports (e.g. JacoTrans) from town to town. I didn't use them but my partner would like to walk the peace walk next year with me and having some sort of town to town mochilla service would seal the deal.

So...., is there some sort of baggage transport from town to town like we had over on the Camino Frances ?

Thanks for your responses...
Rick
Due to the high temperatures, we as a group, had our backpacks transported 21 out of the 24 days usually via the host. We usually ended up paying €3 per day.

If you end up in a small group, the cost of having your luggage forwarded goes up in some days. For example, out of Varadzin, it's done by taxi, and will cost €25 for the vehicle. On the other hand, in some places, the host will do the transport and it's a set price per bag or person.

There were only a few nights where the sleeping sheet was needed. Definitely do not need a sleeping bag.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back