• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Visiting the Unique Cathedral of the Moorland on the Camino de Santiago

timr

Time of past OR future Camino
Several and counting...
I am not sure where to post this - it doesn't fall into an obvious category. [Mods feel free to re-assign.] [Mod note: Done]
It is the same story as many villages on the CF, forty or fifty years ago. It looks a bit far for a diversion after Burgos. Does any other route provide a diversion?
Has anyone visited?

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It looks a bit far for a diversion after Burgos.
So many little known and amazing treasures to the right and left of the Camino Francés!

I'd love to visit them all but I personally could not manage to do so on foot ... I copied this map from the website of the Amigos de Villamorón. They've marked the blue route out of Burgos: 34 minutes by car, 44 km.

Villamorón.jpg.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
So many little known and amazing treasures to the right and left of the Camino Francés!

I'd love to visit them all but I personally could not manage to do so on foot ... I copied this map from the website of the Amigos de Villamorón. They've marked the blue route out of Burgos: 34 minutes by car, 44 km.

View attachment 116356

I tried to figure out if there were hotels or hostales on the blue route?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Sabine,
One might also walk north from Hornillos del Camino passing through Villegas with another big church, Santa Eugenia. Villegas might have some accomodation.

Does not seem so but there is a casa rural in Citores de Paramo.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
20km from Hontanos! I’d definitely make contact with the caretaker before going as it’s be a shame to arrive and not see inside. No where to stay, but he may be able to suggest a homestay or a camping spot

20km from Hontanos! I’d definitely make contact with the caretaker before going as it’s be a shame to arrive and not see inside. No where to stay, but he may be able to suggest a homestay or a camping spot

In between Hontanas and Villamoron is this hotel/ restaurante.

20km from Hontanos! I’d definitely make contact with the caretaker before going as it’s be a shame to arrive and not see inside.
From the website of the Amigos de Villamorón:

Visiting hours
After our participation in the programme "We are open during the summer" of the Regional Government of Castilla y León and of the dioceses of our autonomous community, we inform that from now until the summer 2022, we will open the churches of Villegas and Villamorón during the last two weekends of each month, but always with prior notice in order to be able to properly organize the visits as it is not easy to have volunteers outside the summer season.
We recommend that you let us know in advance via the email address on our website in order to ensure adequate attention to the visits.
(Translated with the help of www.DeepL.com/Translator)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back