• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Interior or Coast

abraxian

Time of past OR future Camino
I have walked the France's in 2012 and Norte in 2014. Planning on Porto to Sdc and Finesterra first part of October. I am most interested in buildings, Roman bridges, etc and it looks like the interior is more what I would like. If you have done maybe both routes would you please advise? Thanks much!
Ron/Florida

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I haven't done both, only the interior, but the Camino follows the old Roman road for quite a way. There are a number of Roman artifacts, ruins, etc, including an original milestone, set in Trajan's reign, if memory serves. It is a very pleasant way.

I know this is confusing, but just to help you keep things straight, the Caminho Portugues Interior is a route that goes from Viseu to Chaves to Verín in Spain where it ultimately joins up with the Sanabrés. I think you are probably comparing the coastal route with the traditional route and not talking about the Caminho Interior. So I have moved your thread to the "standard" caminho portugues. If I'm wrong about that, let me know and I'll move it back to the Interior. Bom caminho, Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back