• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Interior

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Hi,
I'm considering Portuguese interior later this year. What is the best up to date website that i can research albergue possibilities and route details? Also best way of getting to Porto to Viseu?

thanks
Aidan

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,
I'm considering Portuguese interior later this year. What is the best up to date website that i can research albergue possibilities and route details? Also best way of getting to Porto to Viseu?

thanks

Aidan
I will start this May in Santa Comba Dão. From Lisbon I'll get a train (8:30) that arrives 11:30 every day. Then I'll walk the eco track (old deactivated train line) that runs along the rivers Dão and Dinha until the the first oficial CPI way point at Farminhão first auberge of the Portuguese Interior Way . If you do not want to walk 34 Kms you may stay halfway at Tondela at the hotel (50€ a room for two, continental breakfast incl.).
Now, for great information I advise you to check wikiloc.com and search for the user "papaleguas". There you will find all the stages with great descriptions in portuguese, lots of photos and GPS info. If you are not familiar with the portuguese language you may use one of several online translators.
From Porto to Viseu check https://www.rede-expressos.pt

Thanks JP....sounds like you have a good plan. Your wikiloc recommendation looks great.
Look forward to hearing how your camino goes.....im planning going around october.
cheers

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi,

thanks
Aidan
I'm on that route now but started in Regua. There is a train from Porto.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back