• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Internet cafes on Portuguese routes to Santiago

Sophicles808

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
Portuguese Camino (now)
I'm currently walking the Portuguese Camino from Porto, started yesterday. I just found out i will soon need access to a computer and internet to complete a task for a job application while I'm walking. I do not have a laptop with me of course. Does anyone know if there are any reliable internet/ cyber cafés in Tui, Santiago, or ponteverda or anywhere else on the second half of the Porto central route? How about if did the coastal route via Vigo?

Any help or tips would be much appreciated. This is stressing me out a bit as I don't think can delay it til I get home.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Locutorios are very thin on the ground these days. I would say you would have a lot more options in Vigo than in Tui, but it would be a shame to base your decision on that alone.

I used to print boarding passes in Santiago and always used the same place on Rua da Senra, right next to Praza de Galicia, but I haven't done so for a few years, maybe it's still there?
Albergue Seminario Menor used to have a computer and printer for public use too, you could phone and check. I think I saw somewhere that Pilgrim House also have a computer for public use?

You might check public libraries in the bigger towns too, usually internet access in them. You'll find something, I'm sure!

Last edited:
Locutorios are very thin on the ground these days. I would say you would have a lot more options in Vigo than in Tui, but it would be a shame to base your decision on that alone.

I used to print boarding passes in Santiago and always used the same place on Rua da Senra, right next to Praza de Galicia, but I haven't done so for a few years, maybe it's still there?
Albergue Seminario Menor used to have a computer and printer for public use too, you could phone and check. I think I saw somewhere that Pilgrim House also have a computer for public use?

You might check public libraries in the bigger towns too, usually internet access in them. You'll find something, I'm sure!
Thanks for the suggestions 😊 I thought about public libraries but looks like there's a 90 minute time limit per day so not sure that'll be enough. I'll check the albergue you suggested. There has to be one still in existence somewhere, not just in Vigo!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In Santiago de Compostela the welcoming Pilgrim House offers a computer for print outs. The address is Rúa Nova, 19, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Last edited:
I'm currently walking the Portuguese Camino from Porto, started yesterday. I just found out i will soon need access to a computer and internet to complete a task for a job application while I'm walking. I do not have a laptop with me of course. Does anyone know if there are any reliable internet/ cyber cafés in Tui, Santiago, or ponteverda or anywhere else on the second half of the Porto central route? How about if did the coastal route via Vigo?

Any help or tips would be much appreciated. This is stressing me out a bit as I don't think can delay it til I get home.

Thanks in advance!
If all else fails I bet there will be some fellow pilgrim who carries a small, light notebook or a hospitalera who has one who would let you use theirs for your very specific purpose.

If all else fails I bet there will be some fellow pilgrim who carries a small, light notebook or a hospitalera who has one who would let you use theirs for your very specific purpose.
I agree that may be his best bet.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks that's a good idea too, appreciated.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In Santiago de Compostela the welcoming Pilgrim House offers a computer for print outs. The address is Rúa Nova, 19, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Thanks for this, I will remember it if I cannot find anything earlier in the route!

I had some bad experiences with internet cafés in Spain when I worked in Catalunya.
obscure places with strange people watching obscene videos .
sometimes I needed a computer to send something to the company I worked for or sent something to a customer. I always was doubting about the security and safety in these cafés.
Since I was a pensioner and walked the caminho I had my Iphone with me and an Ipad Mini Both connected with wifi .
And since it was possible to phone via internet there is no single day I could not connect with my dear ones.

Last edited:
I think the internet cafe is soon to be extinct.
I would say borrowing or buying a lightweight notebook or pad with say a neoprene padded case may be your best bet.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Thanks in advance!
The public libraries in Portugal are very helpful. If you go there in the morning when they should have fewer borrowers I’m sure you could work something out. Talk to the library staff, ask for suggestions from them.

The public libraries in Portugal are very helpful. If you go there in the morning when they should have fewer borrowers I’m sure you could work something out. Talk to the library staff, ask for suggestions from them.
That's an excellent idea! And it's extremely likely that a librarian would speak English. Remember that libraries where this would be a solution are likely not in the villages, but in the larger towns.

It's quite possible the same would be true in Spain/Galicia.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back