Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Internet on Camino Primitivo

TerryB

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Norte/Primitivo (April/May) 2009: Norte/Primitivo (parts) (April/May) 2010: Inglés (May) 2011: Primitivo (April/May) 2012: Norte / Camino de La Reina (April/May) 2013: Camino del Mar / Inglés (May/June) 2015
On my walking the Primitivo in May I found that nearly all the towns had computer / Internet facilities. I had taken the USB cable for my camera with me and was able to sent photos by e-mail without any trouble. Most of the facilities are in the 'Casa Cultural', usually in the same building as the public library (the 'Biblioteca Publica'). These facilities were free! Others I used were in Internet Cafes, the cost was only about €1.50 an hour.
Those I used were:-
Oviedo - 2 Cyber Cafes in centre - ask for directions in Tourist Office in Cimadevilla.
Tineo - Casa Cultural, 2nd. floor in Palacio in centre.
Pola de Allande - Casa Cultural in Ayuntamiento.
Grandas de Salime - Casa Cultural. (Closed when I was there for refurbishment but due to re-open.)
Fonsegrada - Casa Cultural (About 20 new computers with only one other person using them!)
Cadavo - in 'Biblioteca Publica'. Ask for directions in Ayuntamiento in town centre.
Lugo - Cyber Cafe in Rua Vilalba, about halfway down on right. (Just outside walls to south,
go through Porta Bispo Aguirre and straight ahead).

Hope this helps anyone walking in future.

Tio Tel

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back