• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Intervention Needed!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ha - fabulous! Maybe there is something or someone back in the world you came from worth returning to? If not, and you can....

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
One day out of Pamplona and I need people to tell me why I shouldn't just chuck it all and move here and do this all the time. Help!, maybe?

Because, umm, uuh . . . sorry I seem to be drawing a blank. There has got to be some reason, right? :p

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
One day out of Pamplona and I need people to tell me why I shouldn't just chuck it all and move here and do this all the time. Help!, maybe?
Hi Shston - Isn't the Camino completely wonderful? No wonder we all long to be there all the time! My advice to you is to walk at a snail's pace - become a Camino Snail :) - so you can extend your time on those ancient and magical paths for as long as you possibly can.
Take joy in every step -
Buen Camino!

What is stopping you from chucking it all out and give it a good attempt?
learning spanish would help, if you don't already do :)
hope you'll enjoy the days onwards as well and be treasuring each step ... Buen Camino!

Dear Shston Girlfd,
I just got back from my sixth Camino last week (del Norte this time). Whilst all of them have been special to me, the first remains the best in my mind. For that reason, I am so envious of you!
In the future, should you choose to, you can 'give a bit back' to The Way, say, by volunteering at the Oficina del Peregrinos at Santiago de Compostela, or as a hospitalera at an albergue run by various confraternities.
The souvenir shops at Santiago do a roaring trade as we all try to hang on to a bit of our camino experience. You are not alone.
Though what I am about to say may sound patronising, I assure you that the spirit that I say it is not: one day on your camino you will wonder 'Why the hell am I doing this?' But the minute you get home, you'll be planning your next one.
We all leave a piece of our heart on The way, and we all go back to find it. (In the meanwhile, we hang around this forum.)
Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have never had a cheaper holiday that the Frances. I can totally understand why someone would want to live the Camino life every day of their lives.

But at 67 I'm not sure I'd have that many years left to enjoy it before the knees, back and ankles gave out.

Love the whole idea though and I also understand why the question was raised in the first place.

Wait till you get to Logrono, this place is sure to change your mind...
Or maybe Najera or Ponferrada late on a Sunday afternoon when the whole place seems to have closed, except for the run down bars.
Now in Pamplona resuming tomorrow on second Camino. I enjoy Spain but don't think I would really like to live full time. Now Italy, different matter!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have never had a cheaper holiday that the Frances. I can totally understand why someone would want to live the Camino life every day of their lives.

But at 67 I'm not sure I'd have that many years left to enjoy it before the knees, back and ankles gave out.

Love the whole idea though and I also understand why the question was raised in the first place.

I think you will be fine for years to come ;)

Hi there I did chuck it all an and bought a place in Castaneda near Arzua a couple of years back,
Its not easy and many times I have thought maybe like Jo says a commune where everyone pitches in and has the same ideas would be the answer to share the
work.
Not sure if walking the Camino every day is the answer for me but it is fantastic to meet and help and talk to the amazing pilgrims making this journey when I can, be it a place to rest / place to stay or just to use the toilet and share a vino tinto :):):)
Safe Camino. Shaun

I day dream at least once or more a week about opening an alburge. I've starting learning Spanish so that when I can no longer walk the Camino I will be able to at least help at the albureges.

You dont need help. Finish the camino and then organise.just back from vdlp 38 days of pure magic, my 23rd camino in 6 yrs. 1006km or 1500000 steps. Brutal but very enjoyable. I settle for 2 months on camino each year. Buen camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back