• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Introducing myself -planning Tui to Santiago this October - first timer

Lizbird58

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Camino 23
Hello, my name is Liz, in my mid 60's, from New Mexico and wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forum and a first time Camino walker. I plan on walking from Tui to Santiago, starting Oct 24, 2023. Looks like there isn't a calendar yet for October? I booked a Portuguese tour for November and in researching things to do In Portugal, came across the Camino. Wish I had found this info before I had booked, as I would love to start from Porto, but now wont have time. I have lots of questions, but have faith it will all work out. If you are walking the same route, during the same time frame - please feel free to reach out to me.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome to the forum! The Calendars usually go up about 6 months in advance. Don't worry about starting in Tui - you can start in Porto next time :D .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Lizbird58,
Welcome to the forum!
October/November is a great time to walk with generally golden days and cool nights.
Happy planning and whenever/wherever you do go
Carpe diem and Buen Camino!

Hello, my name is Liz, in my mid 60's, from New Mexico and wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forum and a first time Camino walker. I plan on walking from Tui to Santiago, starting Oct 24, 2023. Looks like there isn't a calendar yet for October? I booked a Portuguese tour for November and in researching things to do In Portugal, came across the Camino. Wish I had found this info before I had booked, as I would love to start from Porto, but now wont have time. I have lots of questions, but have faith it will all work out. If you are walking the same route, during the same time frame - please feel free to reach out to me.
Hi Liz!
I’m another Liz first time Camino walker. I’m 60 and from Toronto. I’m walking with a friend, starting in Porto Sept. 24th so unfortunately we won’t overlap.
It’s 4:30am here and I can’t sleep. There is so much information on line, I am spinning! Will my favourite tech pants be warm enough?! I bought waterproof hiking shoes and everyone says trail runners are better!!! Oh no! ; )
Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around here. Hopefully, I’ll get some sleep before September!
Liz

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Great walk.
In case you forgot something shoes pole backpack head there is a well sorted sport good store pretty much in the center of the walk area. Last time got my pilgrim blessing there in the church on the main square. I thing that was the fasted ever but the virgin and all the angels were on my side. Getting out could be a bit confusing due to fog , but when was was I ever not direction challened.
End of the walking area I think there was an ice cream shop there little square with statues take a right through the park down the hill and you see the camino signes follow left and there you go.
So nice to walk there bon Camino

Hi Liz!
I’m another Liz first time Camino walker. I’m 60 and from Toronto. I’m walking with a friend, starting in Porto Sept. 24th so unfortunately we won’t overlap.
It’s 4:30am here and I can’t sleep. There is so much information on line, I am spinning! Will my favourite tech pants be warm enough?! I bought waterproof hiking shoes and everyone says trail runners are better!!! Oh no! ; )
Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around here. Hopefully, I’ll get some sleep before September!
Liz
Hi Liz,
Both hiking shoes and trail runners are appropriate. I have walked in both. If you already have a good pair of hiking shoes, you’ll be fine. As you could hit rain, you’ll appreciate the waterproof feature of your shoes. Although I walked last spring in running shoes, I await, actually arriving tomorrow, my new Merrell Moab 3s for this spring’s Camino. As far as your tech pants go, I think you’ll find September weather to generally be quite nice. Unless it were to be unseasonable cold, I’d be hiking in shorts! Bom Caminho!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back