• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Introduction and questions

Shepj2159

Time of past OR future Camino
First Camino-September 2016. Porto-Santiago. Littoral
Hi Everybody!

My name is Joel, I'm from the United States, and this is my first Camino. I am walking the Camino-Portuguese (Littoral) from Porto to Santiago de Compostela. This morning my Mum who is walking with me started from Apúlia and we both continued north until coming to Fao. I walked by myself up to Marinhas where I am at the Albergue San Miguel waiting to hear from her. I have another couple of hours before calling it a day and in that time could walk up to a few more villages, but am running short on funds and need my other card which she has. I am wondering what my accommodation options are north of Marinhas and what I should do since I haven't heard from her. Trying to decide if it is best to wait and lose the time, or press on and hope for the best? Thank you

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you have agreed to meet in a certain spot, you really should wait for her! She will get really, really nervous if she misses you! Buen Camino, SY

Hi Everybody!

My name is Joel, I'm from the United States, and this is my first Camino. I am walking the Camino-Portuguese (Littoral) from Porto to Santiago de Compostela. This morning my Mum who is walking with me started from Apúlia and we both continued north until coming to Fao. I walked by myself up to Marinhas where I am at the Albergue San Miguel waiting to hear from her. I have another couple of hours before calling it a day and in that time could walk up to a few more villages, but am running short on funds and need my other card which she has. I am wondering what my accommodation options are north of Marinhas and what I should do since I haven't heard from her. Trying to decide if it is best to wait and lose the time, or press on and hope for the best? Thank you

Rule of thumb ... if you are walking with someone who holds stuff you are dependent upon ... such as debit cards ... never be out of contact for more than an hour ... except by careful deliberate prearrangement.

I run into it while hiking ... the fast swift members of the party are way out in front ... while the slow bring up the rear. The slow usually include the people who are vulnerable to injury and need to stop for the day but can't because there is no way for the swift to get their dinner if they don't continue on with the stove.

Its a recipe for Darwin awards.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
So did you catch up with your mum? And like Whariwharangi said : maybe better to make some good arrangements regarding the debit card for the rest of the Camino. Most probably nothing will happen but better be safe than sorry...Ok this may make me boring and overprudent but hey...

Hi, my name is Peter and I am an Australian, from the mythical land of Oz :). I am looking to do the Camino Portuguese from Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela in March 2017. Any advice, suggestions would be appreciated. Am sure there are places here where virtually all conceivable questions have been addressed so if where to find them could be pointed out that would be appreciated.
Cheers
Peter

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Welcome Peter, and Buen Camino. Ask any specific question and you likely will be buried in answers.

For the Portuguese see here

Hi Guys, I am thinking of walking from Porto to Santiago late Sept/ early Oct.
Please could I have opinions on whether this is a good time to walk in terms of weather....I don't mind cooler conditions. Also will most Albergues still be open.
Thank you for any tips.

Hi Guys, I am thinking of walking from Porto to Santiago late Sept/ early Oct.
Please could I have opinions on whether this is a good time to walk in terms of weather....I don't mind cooler conditions. Also will most Albergues still be open.
Thank you for any tips.
Fiona, you should probably start your own thread to get more answers.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
To be honest have forgotten how to do that.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back