A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Invierno in Otono

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
Off in the morning. Madrid, Ponferrada: Invierno. The Beloved and me and our packs; @peregrina2000 's excellent guide and some scribbled notes from @ranthr 's excellent thread and from other kind contributors too. Thank you @Charrito, @KinkyOne and @Ribeirasacra.

Really looking forward to this trip. Its been a rough year. Chestnut forests, holy rivers, kindly hills all sound like they'll make for a good road. Big bad dogs and a couple of long-hauls with sparse facilities sound like a good thing too. No one said it should be easy.

Members may be relieved that this passive-aggressive, opinionated, anarcho-pagan will be out of their hair for a bit and have my every sympathy.

Meanwhile I'll wish you all Buen Caminos and if anyone can recommend a good place for supper in Ponferrada I'll be grateful.

I'll post here when I can ;)

Buen camino, Tinca!

Hope you have a wonderful Invierno.

The last time I was in Ponferrada, Reb took a bunch of us to a place called King Kong. Believe it or not it is a Mexican restaurant, and it is right in the main square of the Ayuntamiento. I have absolutely no memory of the food but remember there were quirky decorations and I also remember having a wonderful time with LTfit and, I think, one other person. Sounds like just the place for an anarcho-pagan.

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
...Members may be relieved that this passive-aggressive, opinionated, anarcho-pagan will be out of their hair for a bit and have my every sympathy.
Gracias, Dios: Finalmente, tu existe.

Buen Camino, Amigo! I will be out there in 10 days from now.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
'03CF, '08VdlP, '12Porto, '14VdlP via Port '15CPI ‘17Levante to Toledo
Hi @Tincatinker - woo hoo and you’re off. Have a wonderful camino.
I’m hoping to follow your footsteps next year in spring. Love to hear from you occasionally if you feel like it. Buen camino, enjoy the ultimate adventure . .G

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
A very Buen Camino to you both - may the road only be a blessing
And if you are quiet for weeks, we may miss you here...but I for one will be cheering you on. Disconnecting from all this virtual connectedness and diving into silent here and now connection with nature is the deepest kind of medicine.

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 2017-Camino Primitivo
2019- Invierno
Buen Camino! Looking forward to your trip report. We are going April-May of next year.

Last edited:

Purky

The Dutch guy
Camino(s) past & future
Breathe properly.
Stay curious.
And walk a camino.
Commiserations on your rough year. May the Invierno enable you to lose your mind and find your soul. Buen Camino.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
CF-Finisterra-Muxia 2017; SK Camino Kosiče-Levoča Oct 2017; El Norte March 2018; Ingles Nov 2018
Off in the morning. Madrid, Ponferrada: Invierno. The Beloved and me and our packs; @peregrina2000 's excellent guide and some scribbled notes from @ranthr 's excellent thread and from other kind contributors too. Thank you @Charrito, @KinkyOne and @Ribeirasacra.

Really looking forward to this trip. Its been a rough year. Chestnut forests, holy rivers, kindly hills all sound like they'll make for a good road. Big bad dogs and a couple of long-hauls with sparse facilities sound like a good thing too. No one said it should be easy.

Members may be relieved that this passive-aggressive, opinionated, anarcho-pagan will be out of their hair for a bit and have my every sympathy.

Meanwhile I'll wish you all Buen Caminos and if anyone can recommend a good place for supper in Ponferrada I'll be grateful.

Buen camino and ENJOY!

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)

I am looked g forward to your posts...While I do not always get the humor:(:( which, I know, is my loss, I will definitely miss your wit! Enjoy you Camino and will be following your trip!

Paladina

Camino(s) past & future
Cycled caminos francés, Finisterre, primitivo & del norte (2017); VdlP/Sanabres, ingles et al (2018)
No relief for those wicked pilgrims who rather enjoy a regular dose of ‘passive-aggressive, opinionated anarcho-paganism’. The acronym suggests that we may look forward to some fiendishly condensed postings along the way. Buen Camino, Tinkagrino!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017

Meanwhile I'll wish you all Buen Caminos and if anyone can recommend a good place for supper in Ponferrada I'll be grateful
All the best Tinca and Beloved..,.safe journey and I along with so many others, look forward to your posts whenever the chance presents itsrlf.. Ultreya

Camino(s) past & future
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Did not see your post until today! Hope you both had a nice camino the Invierno!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.6%