Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Invierno in Otono

Tincatinker

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Off in the morning. Madrid, Ponferrada: Invierno. The Beloved and me and our packs; @peregrina2000 's excellent guide and some scribbled notes from @ranthr 's excellent thread and from other kind contributors too. Thank you @Charrito, @KinkyOne and @Ribeirasacra.

Really looking forward to this trip. Its been a rough year. Chestnut forests, holy rivers, kindly hills all sound like they'll make for a good road. Big bad dogs and a couple of long-hauls with sparse facilities sound like a good thing too. No one said it should be easy.

Members may be relieved that this passive-aggressive, opinionated, anarcho-pagan will be out of their hair for a bit and have my every sympathy.

Meanwhile I'll wish you all Buen Caminos and if anyone can recommend a good place for supper in Ponferrada I'll be grateful.

I'll post here when I can ;)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen camino, Tinca!

Hope you have a wonderful Invierno.

The last time I was in Ponferrada, Reb took a bunch of us to a place called King Kong. Believe it or not it is a Mexican restaurant, and it is right in the main square of the Ayuntamiento. I have absolutely no memory of the food but remember there were quirky decorations and I also remember having a wonderful time with LTfit and, I think, one other person. Sounds like just the place for an anarcho-pagan.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
...Members may be relieved that this passive-aggressive, opinionated, anarcho-pagan will be out of their hair for a bit and have my every sympathy.
Gracias, Dios: Finalmente, tu existe.

Buen Camino, Amigo! I will be out there in 10 days from now.

Last edited:
Hi @Tincatinker - woo hoo and you’re off. Have a wonderful camino.
I’m hoping to follow your footsteps next year in spring. Love to hear from you occasionally if you feel like it. Buen camino, enjoy the ultimate adventure . .G

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A very Buen Camino to you both - may the road only be a blessing
And if you are quiet for weeks, we may miss you here...but I for one will be cheering you on. Disconnecting from all this virtual connectedness and diving into silent here and now connection with nature is the deepest kind of medicine.

Buen Camino! Looking forward to your trip report. We are going April-May of next year.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Commiserations on your rough year. May the Invierno enable you to lose your mind and find your soul. Buen Camino.

Last edited:
Off in the morning. Madrid, Ponferrada: Invierno. The Beloved and me and our packs; @peregrina2000 's excellent guide and some scribbled notes from @ranthr 's excellent thread and from other kind contributors too. Thank you @Charrito, @KinkyOne and @Ribeirasacra.

Really looking forward to this trip. Its been a rough year. Chestnut forests, holy rivers, kindly hills all sound like they'll make for a good road. Big bad dogs and a couple of long-hauls with sparse facilities sound like a good thing too. No one said it should be easy.

Members may be relieved that this passive-aggressive, opinionated, anarcho-pagan will be out of their hair for a bit and have my every sympathy.

Meanwhile I'll wish you all Buen Caminos and if anyone can recommend a good place for supper in Ponferrada I'll be grateful.

Buen camino and ENJOY!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

I am looked g forward to your posts...While I do not always get the humor:(:( which, I know, is my loss, I will definitely miss your wit! Enjoy you Camino and will be following your trip!

No relief for those wicked pilgrims who rather enjoy a regular dose of ‘passive-aggressive, opinionated anarcho-paganism’. The acronym suggests that we may look forward to some fiendishly condensed postings along the way. Buen Camino, Tinkagrino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Meanwhile I'll wish you all Buen Caminos and if anyone can recommend a good place for supper in Ponferrada I'll be grateful
All the best Tinca and Beloved..,.safe journey and I along with so many others, look forward to your posts whenever the chance presents itsrlf.. Ultreya

Did not see your post until today! Hope you both had a nice camino the Invierno!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back