Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Invierno in the summer

MJH111

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Has anyone walked this in the summer as an alternative to the crowded run in from Sarria to Santiago? Is it well supported with sufficient accomodation options?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Has anyone walked this in the summer as an alternative to the crowded run in from Sarria to Santiago? Is it well supported with sufficient accomodation options?

Hi,

I always walk the Invierno in summer (July) and I intend to do so this summer as well! Check out the other threads in this section; a lot of us have written about it (any season of the year). You will meet a handful of pilgrims at most! And quite a few piles of luggage that mysteriosly travel from one door to another...

"Well supported" and "sufficient accomodation" are highly subjective terms.... To me, it means a plethora of lovely private accomodations, luxurious hostels, nom nom nom. If you are into the municipal albergue thing... you may be disappointed. But yes there are a few of them.

/BP

Yes. No. 😉
@MJH111 welcome to the forum.
There is loads of information and accounts of this Camino in these pages. Have a read through and then try asking specific questions.
Happy planning

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New member @MJH111, at the top of the page there is
< Camino de Invierno
where the text is linked to
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-de-invierno.79/

That page lists threads on the Camino de Invierno sub-forum. You will find plenty of information there in case you don't get the information you want on this thread.

Look at the forum guide. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/invierno-forum-guide.535/ It will give you a very good idea of possible stages, elevation, places to see, lodging, etc. But come back with specific questions, because there is a group of forum members who have walked the Invierno and love to talk about it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back