Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Invierno, July 2015 pics - a bit late

Time of past OR future Camino
I saw a thread this morning asking about Invierno photos. That reminded me I'd never got around to putting up a set on Flickr - until now..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/peregrino_tom/albums/72157668042335728
It was an odd trip, where I got sun stroke from a heatwave and met no other walking pilgrims until the route joined the Plata. Two cyclists past me and stopped for a couple of minutes, but that was it. Many of the little villages seemed deserted so overall I had very little contact with people, and that's why the photos are so people-free. Still, I guess the photos might give some of you a better idea as to what to expect. As a route I thought it was pretty OK. But, being sick and oppressed by heat I may have rated it more negatively than it deserved!
Cheers tom

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I saw a thread this morning asking about Invierno photos. That reminded me I'd never got around to putting up a set on Flickr - until now..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/peregrino_tom/albums/72157668042335728
It was an odd trip, where I got sun stroke from a heatwave and met no other walking pilgrims until the route joined the Plata. Two cyclists past me and stopped for a couple of minutes, but that was it. Many of the little villages seemed deserted so overall I had very little contact with people, and that's why the photos are so people-free. Still, I guess the photos might give some of you a better idea as to what to expect. As a route I thought it was pretty OK. But, being sick and oppressed by heat I may have rated it more negatively than it deserved!
Cheers tom

Hi,

Your photos are stunning!

I took almost the exact photos as you did of the Ermita do Faro (the walk uphill, past the crosses in the mist) and the weather was the same! :OD

I hope I'm going back there this July!

/BP

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I took almost the exact photos as you did of the Ermita do Faro (the walk uphill, past the crosses in the mist) and the weather was the same! :OD hope I'm going back there this July!
Hi BP - glad you enjoyed the pics. If you do go back (something I'd like to do too), I hope the sky is clear - it'd be good to see how the land lies from the highest point. Having said that, walking in that cotton wool mist with no-one else around is pretty amazing too.

Nice photos.
Commented on one, faved another.
Hi Ribeirasacra, thank you for update about bar Pio Lindo - it's a shame that it is now closed. I hope the lady who was running it is thriving somewhere else. I was famished when I arrived and had a great meal after the usual lunchtime dining hours. After being given directions up to the pension in town I left my wallet at the bar and the manager/(owner?) sent one of the locals out to run after me and return it. I went back to say thank you and everyone in the bar enjoyed that. Even the fellow pressed into getting some unexpected exercise seemed quite amused.

Galicians are usually friendly.
The view from the top of the Monte De Faro. Is great, but it does not really come out in photos.
At the moment one can see snow still on the peaks in the far distance.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back