Invierno postage stamp

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Next Friday the Camino de Invierno gets it's own stamp. Will that make it more official?

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notici...-invierno-sello-propio/0003_201503M6C4993.htm
Hi, Luka,

I don't know exact answer but for me this route is already official :)
Laurie will know more about that but she's on the way to Madrid right now. It's my wild guess that Invierno will become official only and when Santiago will recognize it as such. And that was already postponed few times in recent history...

K1

Next Friday the Camino de Invierno gets it's own stamp. Will that make it more official?

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notici...-invierno-sello-propio/0003_201503M6C4993.htm

Hi, Luka,
When I saw the article I thought it referred to a "sello" in the sense of the stamps we get on our credential. But the article is referring to a postage stamp, commemorating the Camino de Invierno. I don't think it will have any effect on whether the Invierno is an "official" camino or not. The cathedral and pilgrims office recognized the Invierno years ago as a camino for purposes of getting your compostela. What's been tied up in the political process has been whether the Xunta, the regional government of Galicia is going to "recognize" the Camino (this would have a lot of implications for funding, since there is quite a bit of money spent by the government on promoting the Camino and subsidizing camino endeavors. Though there seems to be a lot of debate over whether the Invierno is a "real" camino or not in the historical sense, I think the current debate is more about who gets to keep hold of the golden goose that comes with official designation. I don't know any of this for sure, it's just the impression I get.

From a warm and sunny Madrid, sitting in the Plaza San Ildefonso with an ice cold agua con gas and enjoying watching the world go by. :) Buen camino, Laurie

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen Camino Laurie. After reading initial post earlier, I thought perhaps it should be also posted (no pun) somewhere else on forum with different title. Perhaps some pilgrims will seek this particular stamp for their postcards or souvenir etc. Luka, you get to choose!

@peregrina2000 ¡Que disfrutes!

@crackmrmac I have no opinion about where to put this thread, but I adjusted the title to make sure it is about a postage stamp.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I saw this a few days ago, but never got around to post (sorry about the pun) about it.
Now I will have to hunt some down. Usually Postal stamps are just bits of uninteresting date stamps.
We was invited to go to the presentation. However begin held on a Friday evening, one of the busiest days for us at this time of year, we could not attend.

Eventually found out that these stamps are produced under a private initiative. They still can be used as postage stamps.
They cannot be purchased at post offices, we managed to purchase a number at the Wine Interpretation centre in Monforte de Lemos.

Back