• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

iphigenie app and IGN maps GR65

Lena Meck

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015; Camino Le Puy Sept 2016
Hi All. I apologize because i realize this topic has been discussed before. I am new at app downloads and would really appreciate specific instructions. I am leaving for Le Puy Sept 1 and would like to have a map on my ipad mini similar or better than the wise pilgrim for the frances. I have downloaded the iphigenie app but am not sure what the options are: Amax, Vmax (all in french). questions:
Other than the basic map, what else do i need to download to have a detailed GR65 route on my ipad.
How and where do i download the IGN map and what is it called.
Also I spent a LOT of time trying to download the imiam app but to no avail. keep getting a Not found message when i do a search on the appstore.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Apple app store has the app available. Use the search string "miam miam dodo".

In the Miam Miam Dodo App:
1) Launch the app
2) Vous n'avez aucun guide installe = You have no guides installed
Voulez-vous ouvrir le catalogue des guides disponibles = Do you want to open the catalogue of available guides? > Click Oui
3) In lower left corner (left-most icon of lower menu bar) click "rolodex card" icon
4) The only available guide is for the GR 65 from Le Puy > Click it
5) Acheter = Buy. Your Apple (if iPhone) account will be charged, just as for other in-app purchases.
NB: I did not actually execute the purchase since I am not planning to walk the Le Puy route in the near future. If anyone has an unexpected experience with the purchase, please let us all know here!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The Apple app store has the app available. Use the search string "miam miam dodo".

In the Miam Miam Dodo App:
1) Launch the app
2) Vous n'avez aucun guide installe = You have no guides installed
Voulez-vous ouvrir le catalogue des guides disponibles = Do you want to open the catalogue of available guides? > Click Oui
3) In lower left corner (left-most icon of lower menu bar) click "rolodex card" icon
4) The only available guide is for the GR 65 from Le Puy > Click it
5) Acheter = Buy. Your Apple (if iPhone) account will be charged, just as for other in-app purchases.
NB: I did not actually execute the purchase since I am not planning to walk the Le Puy route in the near future. If anyone has an unexpected experience with the purchase, please let us all know here!
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I typed in the app store miam miam dodo, and i always get "no results for miam miam dodo". Could you please tell me what you typed in the search line??? Thanks again.

Could you please tell me what you typed in the search line???
As I said above,

If you are using an Android phone, there is a different app store; and unfortunately I cannot speak to the availability of the Miam Miam Dodo app on that system.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Wow I must be doing something wrong. I typed miam miam dodo with and without quotations on both ipad air and ipad mini in the app store and i still get " no results...".
I am just going to wait until i get to le puy.
Thanks for the iphigenie link. Especially happy since i used google translte and it worked perfectly.
Thanks again.

Lena, try Googling "iMiam" (without parenthesis); clicking on this Google site will take you to the Apple App Store where you can purchase the app. Not sure why this roundabout way works, but it might be because it's in a foreign language. In the Apple App Store you can also purchase another app on the Le Puy Camino and the GR65 (it's free and availed in English); just type in "Le Puy". Buen Camino

If the app is not available for ipad, it might not show up when you access the store from ipad. Try getting the app onto your phone, sync phone to computer, then sync ipad to computer.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
An alternative is the Michelin guide for this Chemin.

It is a more compact version of Miam miam dodo and real easy to use.

I used it more than my electronic maps and hardly referred to the MMD I had scanned and stored on my (Android) tablet.

THANK YOU ALL> Spent time and finally got both imiam and iphigenie on my ipad mini.
imiam: followed Kitsambler's suggestion and searched imiam in google search. can't remember exactly the steps but somewhere in very small print it tells you to click here to send the link. I did . you actually get a link in your email. I clicked the link on my ipad mini and that is how I got to the imiam download site. It is in itunes.app store . downloaded. paid and perused. It is good but not as complete as the book.
Iphigenie: Thank you Kathar1na. was able to download. It is really detailed map actually exactly what i wanted to follow where we are along the trail. Was able to download english version of manual!!! still exploring how to use.
One last question: what is the difference between iphigenie and geoportail. they seem to use the same maps.
Thanks again. I feel much better with all your help. Buen Camin or should I say Bon Chemin???

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks @Kathar1na for explaining the difference between these two IGN maps, and also highlighting that Iphigenia shows your current position (which is very useful). I've downloaded both for my Via Podiensis walk to SJPDP starting at the end of this week from Argagnon.
Suzanne :)

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back