• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Iphone apps

micamino73

Hi it seems there are not good iphone apps. Downloaded an app from by dubbele.com.. What a waste and expensive.

Any other suggestions?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am sure that more experienced pilgrims than me will have more info for you on this, but here are the ones I use for prepararing my camino, all free.

If you read or plan to learn Spanish, the Eroski app is more or less a complete guide with itineraries, practical info and simple overwiev maps (same as their website). Search for Eroski or Camino (Biko). Spanishdict is a dictionary and speaking phrasebook, very handy. Babbel - learn Spanish is an interactive, easy-to-use Spanish learning tool, also look at their website babbel.com. The best digital resource I have found in English (with the help of this forum, obviously :D ) is caminoguide.net. It's not an app, but a digital, text-only camino guide in English. There is a free and a 4 euro version, downloadable Ă­n the PDF-format. I've put it in my Dropbox folder on my iPhone, works fine.

Good luck!
Elisabet

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The eroski app is great.. Its the website stuff copied over to an app, only the maps requires data package, so for roaming not good... Buts its free which is not bad at all. i searched "compostela" and only got 6 options.

Judging by the date of your post the need has likely passed, but for anybody else that stumbles upon this thread I wanted to add an app to the list. Disclaimer: I made the app.

Camino Francés - A Wise Pilgrim Guide

It is on the iTunes store, unfortunately is not free, but is perfect for anybody wishing to return to the camino in the future, or who is spreading their camino over many years, since it stays up to date by retrieving information from the web.

And will you make an Android app given that the numbers are now greater than ios users?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I will indeed. I have been an iOS user since day one... and admittedly a bit with my eyes closed.
It wasn't until I finished the iphone version that a much smarter friend of mine pointed out the difference in user base.

To be fair, the iPhone version was much easier. The Android version, for all of its various handsets, it a much slipperier beast. Planning for every type of phone, especially when the only one I have is an old loaner phone, is tough. Should be soon though. :) The coding is done, it is the testing on devices that I want to sort out before releasing it to a disappointed crowd.

Judging by the date of your post the need has likely passed, but for anybody else that stumbles upon this thread I wanted to add an app to the list. Disclaimer: I made the app.

Camino Francés - A Wise Pilgrim Guide

I looked into the app and there are no reviews whatsoever. How many downloads have you had?

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back