• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ireland camino start ?

Deise

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to Santiago Sept 2013
Via de la Plata April 2015
anyone know of similar arrangement in other overseas country ?

Photo of sign is on Greenway Waterford.

" Pilgrims can now do the first leg of the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage at home in Ireland.
The Camino Society Ireland (CLG, henceforth “the Society”) has designed a special certificate for those who walk 25k in Ireland so they can add this to the 75k from A Coruña to Santiago in Spain in order to be eligible to receive the Camino Certificate of Completion (Compostela) for the full 100k. "

“[Pilgrims] would have got on a ship in Waterford, Dingle, Galway or Dublin to the nearest port in Spain, which was A Coruña,” he told catholicireland.net. “From a historical point of view it [Camino Ingles] is the route that Irish pilgrims would have taken during the 12,13,14 and 1500s,”

Attachments

• 20190402_172033_resized.jpg
    20190402_172033_resized.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 26
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In Drogheda, Co.Louth not too far from Dublin airport the new Boyne Valley Camino might be suitable for overseas pilgrims on route to Spain. I have seen the sellos available on the route. Circular although a bit large for concertina / typical style passport. Perhaps they were designed for the Irish booklet style passport.
So check Irish Society of Saint James for both formats ofor passport and also Google Boyne Valley Camino.

anyone know of similar arrangement in other overseas country ?

Photo of sign is on Greenway Waterford.

" Pilgrims can now do the first leg of the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage at home in Ireland.
The Camino Society Ireland (CLG, henceforth “the Society”) has designed a special certificate for those who walk 25k in Ireland so they can add this to the 75k from A Coruña to Santiago in Spain in order to be eligible to receive the Camino Certificate of Completion (Compostela) for the full 100k. "

“[Pilgrims] would have got on a ship in Waterford, Dingle, Galway or Dublin to the nearest port in Spain, which was A Coruña,” he told catholicireland.net. “From a historical point of view it [Camino Ingles] is the route that Irish pilgrims would have taken during the 12,13,14 and 1500s,”

I don't know of others but did think I'd do the Bray-Dublin route as a little pre-Spanish Camino practice. I also joticed that the Irish Society booklet recommends getting 2 stamps per day in the final sections of the Camino de Santiago but I haven't read that advice anywhere else.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In Drogheda, Co.Louth not too far from Dublin airport the new Boyne Valley Camino might be suitable for overseas pilgrims on route to Spain. I have seen the sellos available on the route. Circular although a bit large for concertina / typical style passport. Perhaps they were designed for the Irish booklet style passport.
So check Irish Society of Saint James for both formats ofor passport and also Google Boyne Valley Camino.
Thanks! I am one of those overseas pilgrims with family in Drogheda so good to know. Buen Camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back