• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irish Bar

Xanthippe

Hope somebody here can help me - I have been told that there is an Irish bar (Moores?) in Santiago. Would anyone have contact details for the bar? I'm trying to find somewhere for a group, who hope to arrive at the end of their journey on Friday evening, to watch a very important rugby match on Saturday afternoon.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi there,

There used to/is an Irish bar here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5&t=h&z=20
....see the black car on the corner and the white umbrellas? This is/was an Irish bar, but I am not sure if they changed owners/style-of-bar... I would have to look next time I walk by.

That said. If you walk into any bar in Santiago and say "Hi, we are 10/15/20 people that are interested in watching this game, could you put it on?". 99% of the bars would say "Yes"!. Most bars have a large TV, and they are looking for customers.

What channel is this on? Rugby is not very popular in Spain, so if the bar does not have this particular channel... :-(

Saludos,
Ivar

Thanks a million for the information. The match will be on Sky Sports but because there will be soccer matches on at the same time I thought an Irish bar would be best. This is a particularly important match - it is the semi final of rugby's European Cup - and both teams are Irish so I would imagine Irish bars all over Europe will show this rather than a soccer match.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Xanthippe said:
Thanks a million for the information. The match will be on Sky Sports but because there will be soccer matches on at the same time I thought an Irish bar would be best. This is a particularly important match - it is the semi final of rugby's European Cup - and both teams are Irish so I would imagine Irish bars all over Europe will show this rather than a soccer match.
Sounds good. The Sky Sports is not available in Spain, but it might be on another channel down here.... not sure.

I would look here (Digital + is the "Sky" of Spain):
http://www.plus.es/guiatv/buscadorbasico.html
Check "Deportes" in the right column, then look at the date of your game, and "Buscar" at the bottom... if you see the rugby game in the listing you know what channel to ask for.... if not.... I think you are out of luck. :-(

Saludos,
Ivar

Hi there: I have on numerous occasions reflected on my caminos over a pint at an Irish bar which I believe is named Murphy's but could be wrong about the name. It is located on the north west side of the old town. If you turn right before crossing the street ( Rua do Pombal ? ) into Alamenda Park it is just stagger and a stumble to a quiet pint. It has been over 2 years since my last camino but I hope it still there; I'm planning to be back in less then a year. Good Luck, God Bless

Ivar - thank you for the television guide - it appears they will be out of luck as there is no rugby coverage listed for Saturday evening. Never mind - I will record it for them which will give them something tolook forward to when they return home on Wednesday.

Rayof - I think you are talking about the same pub as Ivar which as far as I knew is called Moores. I'm sure they'll get sorted - some of them would smell a pint of guinness from a mile away!!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello again, I've no experience of sites which claim to offer free on-line viewing; in fact there's probably no such thing as a free lunch; but perhaps you could google and find something that might work.

"watch leinster v munster live via online streaming" seems to suggest free viewing if you download software

Back again :cry:

All along I've assumed OP is seeking information for Munster folk.
Unexpectedly, but with a great performance Leinster beat Munster 25 9 Wow!

Party on :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
So I suppose that means that those of us with ties to Munster must drown our sorrows and hope for the best another year??? Ahhh, any excuse.... :lol:

There's always hurling....

Buen Camino,

Kaixo,
the only Irish owned in La Coruna is Finbar Murphys but i dont think he has sky,or if your in the Basque region(Euskadi) check out Scanlan´s Tavern Irish in Gernika,Irish owned and not only has satellite with all Rugby the bar is a Munster supporters bar.
good luck,

Can't remember where I saw this, whether in France or on the northern route but there was a pub called "The Loch Ness Irish Pub"!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi,

Apologies for replying to an old discussion but I'll be visiting Santiago this weekend and would like to watch a rugby match on Sunday the 23rd at 13.00.

Can anybody suggest a bar in Santiago which would be open and which may have Sky Sports or beIN Sports?

Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back