Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irish Pub in Oviedo?

green_spork

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues
Aug/Sept (2017)
Should arrive in Oviedo tomorrow evening and was looking for a decent pub/bar to watch the game in!
Mixed results with google, I know I might struggle finding somewhere, as I believe Spain are playing at the same time!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am reminded of my experience a small Spanish Camino town Irish Pub. They had 3 beers on tap.
I requested a Guinness. "We don't have that."
I requested a Smithwicks. "We don't have that." Finally I asked, "How about Estrella?" No problem.
So I asked, "How is it that in an Irish pub you don't have any Irish beers?"
"No one here likes them."

I am reminded of my experience a small Spanish Camino town Irish Pub. They had 3 beers on tap.
I requested a Guinness. "We don't have that."
I requested a Smithwicks. "We don't have that." Finally I asked, "How about Estrella?" No problem.
So I asked, "How is it that in an Irish pub you don't have any Irish beers?"
"No one here likes them."
Did they a least give you it in a Guinness pint glass!
Well I think I’ve found the first Spanish city that doesn’t have any Irish pubs, not even the fake ones, with Guinness tat stuck on every wall! I have just returned from the bustling streets of Oviedo looking for said, Irish Pub, it appears both my map apps are out of date, as the promised Irish pub appears to have morphed into a slick trendy bar!
Some bars showing the Spain game, but doesn’t seem to be a lot of interest!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Should arrive in Oviedo tomorrow evening and was looking for a decent pub/bar to watch the game in!
Mixed results with google, I know I might struggle finding somewhere, as I believe Spain are playing at the same time!
What game?

I remember walking by the Irish Pub in Oviedo some years ago and wondering if they had sidra natural. Having lived in Ireland for some years and having had pub food there, I ended up deciding to go for an Asturian menu de dia.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I remember walking by the Irish Pub in Oviedo some years ago and wondering if they had sidra natural. Having lived in Ireland for some years and having had pub food there, I ended up deciding to go for an Asturian menu de dia.
Oviedo it seems is Irish pub free!
Couldn’t believe it!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back