• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irish radio presenter to air series on the Camino

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Donegal radio presenter presents new series on TG4

Published on Friday 15 February 2013 14:33

Rónán ar an Camino follows radio presenter and Gaoth Dobhair man Rónán Mac Aodha Bhuí (Raidió na Gaeltachta) as he walks part of the Camino de Santiago, an ancient religious pilgrimage in Northern Spain, on a personal journey and quest to find out what’s its attraction. Is it religious, spiritual or personal reasons that draw thousands of people to walk the Camino every year? The Camino de Santiago is a famous pilgrimage to the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela in Galicia. The pilgrimage has seen a revival of interest in recent times with movies such as The Way, a film about an American doctor, played by Martin Sheen, who completes the route in memory of his son, killed while walking the Camino.

The series starts on TG4 on Thursday 21st February at 10pm and will be repeated on Sunday at 7.15pm.

In each episode Rónán meets an eclectic mix of colourful characters each with their own story to tell all searching for a deeper meaning in their life. These include Cristiano who has walked 2000 miles from Rome, Wanda who’s loneliness drove her from Canada to walk the Camino, Joe from Japan who is walking the Camino with his two young sons after giving up his job to spend more time with his family, Deirdre from Lithuania who wants God to show her what path to take in her life, the Gilligans from Ireland who are celebrating 30 years of marriage and are walking the Camino de Santiago with their children to celebrate. Rónán also stops off in Pamplona where he gets to sample some Basque music and culture.

Throughout his walk Rónán explores his own personal quest for happiness making this a challenging journey, both emotionally and physically, marked by laughter, tears, new friends and lots of blisters! The series is shot on location in Northern Spain.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Falcon,
Have just been catching up on the Forum and thank you for this information.
I have forwarded a copy to some contact who have already been on the Camino and to about 30 contacts with whom I have previously encouraging to go on the Camino, hopefully this TV programme may help some of them to made the decision to go.
I have been unsuccessful in trying to send you a PM, would you note on the calendar that Bannerman lv SDC 13th April.
Go raibh maith agut.
Tóg go bóg é.
Buen Camino.
Des.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Follow up publicity:
New Series ‘Rónán ar an Camino’ Begins On TG4 Tonight
21 Feb 2013 : By Eva Hall

Another new TG4 series, ‘Rónán ar an Camino’, begins tonight, this time from a location in Northern Spain.

‘Rónán ar an Camino’, the new four-part series from Waddell Media, follows radio presenter Rónán Mac Aodha Bhuí as he walks the Camino de Santiago, a religious pilgrimage trail in Northern Spain.

Mac Aodha Bhuí attempts to find out why thousands of people walk the difficult path every year, asking questions about religion and spirituality.

The pilgrimage has been well known in Northern Spain for many years, but came to prominence around the world in recent years, when the Martin Sheen-starring film ‘The Way’ was shot on location at Camino in 2010.

In each episode, Mac Aodha Bhuí meets new friends, including the Gilligan Family from Ireland, who decided to take the Camino route to celebrate their parents’ 30th anniversary.

Edel O’Mahony and Milène Fegan co-produced the series for Waddell, with Jannine Waddell and Máire Ní Chonláin (TG4) executive producing. Ross Bartley directed the show,

Aidan McCarthy was the offline editor and Jim Thompson the online editor in post-production.

‘Rónán ar an Camino’ is the latest in a long line of original series TG4 has commissioned. It joins Celtic Media Festival-nominated documentary ‘Jockey Eile’, formats ‘Taisce Tí’ and ‘Scór Encore’, and comedy series ‘Crisis Eile’.

‘Rónán ar an Camino’ starts a four-week run on TG4 tonight (Thursday February 21) at 10pm.

I was very disappointed at the host's reaction to Santiago in the final programme of the series. Although I'm only walking my first Camino in May/June this year, I've been to this great city many times in the past. How he failed to be inspired by the place is a mystery to me! It struck me that he didn't really have a solid reason to do the Camino and consequently he was left unfulfilled at the end. A lesson to us all......?

I was also very disappointed with this programme on TG4.

Very "folksy" and not indicitative of "real" people on the Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Dia duit!!

I watched the program a few times my dad is currently on the camino is loving it but finding it pretty tough has a blog set up if anyone is interested in following him! I'm heading out next week for 10 days looking forward to it!

Hi good luck with the planning and enjoy it!
My dad is out there atm he has a blog set up which he is updating everyday if you want to get an idea what its like and see how he's doing it! I'm heading out next week for 10 days looking forward to it now!!
http://jacktrek790.blogspot.ie/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.