• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irish solo female travelling 21st April

Aoife Haugh

Time of past OR future Camino
First time
Hi,
I'm Aoife and I've decided to start my Camino walk on Tuesday 21st April. Never done it before but planning on doing the entire Camino. Hoping to have it finished by 4th June. Any advice for a novice would be welcome. Love to meet other pilgrims and gain their insights. Especially interested in light weight good cameras.
Thanks Aoife

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
For my first Camino, I used a combination of a friend's old smart phone and my iPad Mini as a camera. It was a good combo, great resolution, though I'll just be using the iPad the second time around even if it's a little harder to pull out.

Shipping from Spain is expensive. Most people I met who planned to ship things back and forth as needed ended up just carrying everything or leaving things behind as needed. Honestly, given the price of shipping, I'd pack minimally and if you needed something, just buy it in Pamplona, Burgos, etc.

There are plenty of packing lists on this forum, but as one lady to another I'll tell you what I brought for clothing. I had a quarter the amount of clothing as everyone else and had a versatile enough wardrobe for hiking, church, and the occasional nice restaurant. Everything was synthetic and quick drying, a must. (IMO, there's nothing worse than starting a day in wet clothes or with wet clothes pinned to your pack.) Add to the below a sm. travel towel, running shoes (I hate hiking boots), hiking sandals, iPad, sleeping bag, and some toiletries, everything I took to Spain with me weighed about 6.5 lbs. My travel pack for SJPP to SdC looked like most people's day packs. There were far too many people carrying packs the size of small children who would come in at the end of the day with back troubles, stiff hips, etc.
  • bottoms: 1 pair water resistant hiking pants that converted into shorts; 1 knee length skirt, 1 travel dress
  • Tops: 2 tank tops, 1 button up shirt (short sleeve)
  • Outerwear: 1 rain shell, 1 fleece
  • Other: 1 over-sized shemagh for use as scarf or sm. blanket, socks, gloves, underwear, etc
The only thing I wish I had brought was a pair of running tights to wear under my hiking pants during the handful of cold days, would have been great for Day 1. Ended up buying a pair for the Galicia portion of the trip.

Hi Aoife
when you write: the entire Camino, where do you plan to start? I will begin my Camino next year and I will start in Le Puy. Only God knows how far I will make it :0) but that's OK with me.

Hi,
I'm Aoife and I've decided to start my Camino walk on Tuesday 21st April. Never done it before but planning on doing the entire Camino. Hoping to have it finished by 4th June. Any advice for a novice would be welcome. Love to meet other pilgrims and gain their insights. Especially interested in light weight good cameras.
Thanks Aoife
Aoife, I'm assuming that you will start in St. Jean Pied de Port since you are flying into Biarritz. Since you will likely be walking in some rain, I recommend taking waterproof hiking shoes and waterproof gaiters. Some people hate waterproof shoes since they do not breath as well as shoes with plain fabric uppers. I bought some short gaiters about 8 inches (20 cm) high by Trekmates that I plan to use when I start from Burgos on April 10th. I walked from SJPdP to Burgos last October and got caught in a huge downpour on my second last day. My waterproof shoes got soaked from water running down my legs. If your waterproof pants are long enough to cover the tops of your shoes, you might not need gaiters. If you find that you need additional clothing or equipment, there is a huge Decathlon store in Pamplona, which will be at the end of your 3rd or 4th day assuming that you start in SJPdP. Hope you have good weather at least in the beginning. Bring lots of waterproof bandages and blister patches just in case.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Aoife
when you write: the entire Camino, where do you plan to start? I will begin my Camino next year and I will start in Le Puy. Only God knows how far I will make it :0) but that's OK with me.
I'm starting from St Jean Pied de Port. I'm not in any rush to complete it so I'm going to take my time and enjoy every minute. Buen Camino.

Aoife, I'm assuming that you will start in St. Jean Pied de Port since you are flying into Biarritz. Since you will likely be walking in some rain, I recommend taking waterproof hiking shoes and waterproof gaiters. Some people hate waterproof shoes since they do not breath as well as shoes with plain fabric uppers. I bought some short gaiters about 8 inches (20 cm) high by Trekmates that I plan to use when I start from Burgos on April 10th. I walked from SJPdP to Burgos last October and got caught in a huge downpour on my second last day. My waterproof shoes got soaked from water running down my legs. If your waterproof pants are long enough to cover the tops of your shoes, you might not need gaiters. If you find that you need additional clothing or equipment, there is a huge Decathlon store in Pamplona, which will be at the end of your 3rd or 4th day assuming that you start in SJPdP. Hope you have good weather at least in the beginning. Bring lots of waterproof bandages and blister patches just in case.
Hi yes I'm starting in St. Jean Pied de Port. My boots are waterproof so hopefully I'll be ok on that front. I had wondered about waterproof pants and had decided to suck it up when it rains but I will reconsider after ur advice. I've a feeling I will be checking out the decathlon store. I'll be praying for good weather and not too many blisters. Thanks a million for your great advice.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi again Aoife,

Your approach is perfect! You'll figure everything out as you go along. However, as others have said, sending stuff home is more expensive that you might expect. We sent a package home from Puenta la Reina in 2013 and it cost us nearly €40.
A few little tips:
1. Keep your ruck sack as light as possible - you'll really regret any extra weight on the first few days. 10% of your body weight is a good rule of thumb. There's loads of information on this forum about packing lists - the search box works really well. If your bag ends up very heavy, weight each individual item to find the culprits.
2. Your shoes/boots should be at least half a size bigger than you normally wear. There's lots of debate on shoes vs boots -- whichever you choose, they should be lightweight and comfortable. Good socks are important too. Heavy wool ones can make your feet too warm and cause blisters.
3. Lightweight raingear is essential. Again, lots of debate on whether ponchos or jacket/trousers are best. I prefer the jacket/trousers combination as (a) it's what I use at home and (b) the jacket works well as an outer shell on cool days. I agree with @holmesmd's suggestion re wearing running tights/capris under waterproof trousers.
4. Don't carry a full first aid kit - you can get everything you need in Spain. Just bring a few basics - including plasters and compeed.

There are a few threads on this forum about cameras, so hopefully you'll find some good advice there. I just used my iPhone last time.

Enjoy the planning and the anticipation! It's a great adventure and as @clearskies said, it's a life-changer.

Buen Camino
Nuala

Hola Aoife
Have a wonderful Camino. For each camino I got the pilgrim passport from The Irish Society of the Friends of St James. I like it as it is in booklet form. Also make sure you have rucksack contents in waterproof bags ,including your documents. I usally book my return ticket when I am about a week or so from Santiago. By then I can calculate when I will get to Santiago and if I want to walk to Finesterre or Muxia
Buen Camino
Maura

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Some great advice here Aoife.
Be prepared for all types of weather. It has been known to snow over the hills during May. We may cross paths by the way. I leave Burgos on the 6th of May.
Buen Camino otro vez :)
Not long now David!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi will be flying into Biarritz on 21st also....late afternoon.....staying in Bayonne overnight .....then early train to SJPdP on 22nd might see you there....Buen Camino

I know time is short but if you can, read "To Walk Far, Carry Less" by Jean Christy Ashmore. She's a camino walker with good information on gear. Short read, about 140 pages. Well worth the time and money.

Happy Trails

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For my first Camino, I used a combination of a friend's old smart phone and my iPad Mini as a camera. It was a good combo, great resolution, though I'll just be using the iPad the second time around even if it's a little harder to pull out.

Shipping from Spain is expensive. Most people I met who planned to ship things back and forth as needed ended up just carrying everything or leaving things behind as needed. Honestly, given the price of shipping, I'd pack minimally and if you needed something, just buy it in Pamplona, Burgos, etc.

There are plenty of packing lists on this forum, but as one lady to another I'll tell you what I brought for clothing. I had a quarter the amount of clothing as everyone else and had a versatile enough wardrobe for hiking, church, and the occasional nice restaurant. Everything was synthetic and quick drying, a must. (IMO, there's nothing worse than starting a day in wet clothes or with wet clothes pinned to your pack.) Add to the below a sm. travel towel, running shoes (I hate hiking boots), hiking sandals, iPad, sleeping bag, and some toiletries, everything I took to Spain with me weighed about 6.5 lbs. My travel pack for SJPP to SdC looked like most people's day packs. There were far too many people carrying packs the size of small children who would come in at the end of the day with back troubles, stiff hips, etc.
  • bottoms: 1 pair water resistant hiking pants that converted into shorts; 1 knee length skirt, 1 travel dress
  • Other: 1 over-sized shemagh for use as scarf or sm. blanket, socks, gloves, underwear, etc
The only thing I wish I had brought was a pair of running tights to wear under my hiking pants during the handful of cold days, would have been great for Day 1. Ended up buying a pair for the Galicia portion of the trip.
Welcome Aoife, have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.

Hi, thanks for the great advice. I love my technology so I'm struggling whether to invest in an iPad mini or not. Have an iPhone and iPod already but love the iPad mini on my armband idea. Otherwise I'm cutting extra t shirts and hoping toiletries which assides from a good SPF I'll pick up along the way. Also after fab advice on forum I'm thinking of waterproof trousers

Dia Dhuit Aoife,I hope the Camino brings you all you hope for.You'll love it,and meet lots of lovely people especially fellow countrymen,as there are lots of us out there.Buen Camino.
Thank you Philip. So many encouraging posts is wonderful. Love the mix of irish and Spanish.. which I speak a little after spending 4 months in San Sebastián 16 years ago, hoping it will all come back to me.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Be prepared for all types of weather. It has been known to snow over the hills during May. We may cross paths by the way. I leave Burgos on the 6th of May.
Well if you slow down and I catch up! Look out for the shattered and crippled woman. Get the plasters out!

Hi again Aoife,

Your approach is perfect! You'll figure everything out as you go along. However, as others have said, sending stuff home is more expensive that you might expect. We sent a package home from Puenta la Reina in 2013 and it cost us nearly €40.
A few little tips:
1. Keep your ruck sack as light as possible - you'll really regret any extra weight on the first few days. 10% of your body weight is a good rule of thumb. There's loads of information on this forum about packing lists - the search box works really well. If your bag ends up very heavy, weight each individual item to find the culprits.
2. Your shoes/boots should be at least half a size bigger than you normally wear. There's lots of debate on shoes vs boots -- whichever you choose, they should be lightweight and comfortable. Good socks are important too. Heavy wool ones can make your feet too warm and cause blisters.
3. Lightweight raingear is essential. Again, lots of debate on whether ponchos or jacket/trousers are best. I prefer the jacket/trousers combination as (a) it's what I use at home and (b) the jacket works well as an outer shell on cool days. I agree with @holmesmd's suggestion re wearing running tights/capris under waterproof trousers.
4. Don't carry a full first aid kit - you can get everything you need in Spain. Just bring a few basics - including plasters and compeed.

There are a few threads on this forum about cameras, so hopefully you'll find some good advice there. I just used my iPhone last time.

Enjoy the planning and the anticipation! It's a great adventure and as @clearskies said, it's a life-changer.

Buen Camino
Nuala
I highly recommend Smartwool toe socks. I really suffered on my Camino with blisters and my walking companion, who wore toe socks, didn't have a single blister. Once I got home I invested in several pairs and haven't had a blister since. I am definitely planning on wearing them when I go again in May.

Hi again Aoife,

A few little tips:

Buen Camino
Nuala
Well if you slow down and I catch up! Look out for the shattered and crippled woman. Get the plasters out!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Certainly keep an eye for me!

Also hiking solo, starting the same day, flying Dublin to Biarritz on the 21st on Ryan Air. So perhaps we'll run into one another!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,
Thanks Aoife

Hi Aoife, I'm also a solo Irish female starting in Pamplona on the 26th April- You may be a few days ahead of me but you never know we may cross paths-I plan to fly back to Dublin on the 4th of June also.
I'm very nervous about it all but also can't wait!
Buen Camino,

Avril :)

H
Hi,
Thanks Aoife
Hi Aoife.I completed the first leg of my camino last may,like you I flew from Dublin to Biarritz and set off from SJP,don't worry too much about packing,most advice on ths forum is spot on,Don't pack to much,the two things I bought on the camino was flip flops and a rain cover for my rucksack as it was raining when I left SJP,I hope to go back mid may and start in Estalla where I left off last year,met some fantastic people on the

Hi,
Thanks Aoife
Flying to Biarritz on 21 April. Napoleon way on 22nd. Have done this 7 times. Don't worry, keep pack light. I never go over 6 kg. I bring basic phone, 28 days on camino so will be moving fast to be be in Santiago by 19 May. Bound to c u on trail. Buen camino

€83,-
Hi Aoife,
I am also flying into Biarritz on the 21st tostart my third camino, don't worry it will be great.
Pack light and I recommend merino wool socks and chang them every lunchtime having done 2 casinos without a hint of a blister
Are you planning to take the Napoleon route if it is open?
Hope to see you on the way, I am so looking forward to the craic once again.
Buen Camino.
Derek.
PS my picture was taken on May 15 at Roncevilles 2 years ago, I hope it's warmer this year!!

Hi Aoife,
I am also flying into Biarritz on the 21st tostart my third camino, don't worry it will be great.
Pack light and I recommend merino wool socks and chang them every lunchtime having done 2 casinos without a hint of a blister
Buen Camino.
Derek.
PS my picture was taken on May 15 at Roncevilles 2 years ago, I hope it's warmer this year!!
Yikes me too.....although I do love snow

Hi Aoife....just back home to Ireland after completing the Camino over the last 2 years (with my now fiancé!..got engaged at the end!) - we did it over 5 trips about a week at a time - would love to do it in one go straight through though)....most useful items I brought were a headtorch earplugs
(for the dorms!)....we bought 'dry bags'...used two 5 litre bags each - you'll get them in (http://www.greatoutdoors.ie/index.php?cPath=122) - come in all sixes - found the 2 5 litre to be good...great to keep clean/dirty clothes separate and of course keeping stuff dry (my platypus leaked one day and all my clothes saved by the dry bags!)....used loads of 1 litre ziplock bags also....great for keeping all stuff 'compartmented' in your rucksack and stops everything falling all over the place. We also used Compeed anti-blister stick - we got a about a week out of a stick which suited us but found it to be very good - neither of us got a blister but doing the full Camino might have been a different story! I had a nice little Canon ixus camera (http://www.canon.ie/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_camera/ixus/ixus_265_hs/) - cost ~€150 but great little camera.
You'll love it anyway - we're just sorry we've no more sections to complete - will have to find another route!
Napoleon route may be closed off in April as yet by the way? We did it in August last year....check the weather and they have the info online when/if it's closed....hopefully not....it's probably the most spectacular stage. My profile pic is from the Alto de Perdon just after Pamplona (great city by the way...and the best albergue we stayed at: http://www.casaibarrola.com/ )....Alto de Perdon is a fab spot - we had great weather there....Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Aoife,

Good luck. I will be in SJdP on April 21st and I will start my walk in the 22nd. Maybe our paths will cross.

Also hiking solo, starting the same day, flying Dublin to Biarritz on the 21st on Ryan Air. So perhaps we'll run into one another!
Hi Jessalk,

I am also flying from Dublin to Biarritz on the 21st on Ryanair (FR1982). I have a car service picking me up at the airport in Biarritz. They will drive me to SJdp. Here is their info.

EXPRESS BOURRICOT
transport bagages, pèlerins, séjours culturels

Caroline Aphessetche
Maison Jauberriko borda
64220 Ispoure
France
Tel: (+33) (0)6 61 96 04 76
Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com

Hi Aoife,
Buen Camino.
Derek.
Hi Ron,

I'll see you there.

Hi Jessalk,

I am also flying from Dublin to Biarritz on the 21st on Ryanair (FR1982). I have a car service picking me up at the airport in Biarritz. They will drive me to SJdp. Here is their info.

EXPRESS BOURRICOT
transport bagages, pèlerins, séjours culturels

Caroline Aphessetche
Maison Jauberriko borda
64220 Ispoure
France
Tel: (+33) (0)6 61 96 04 76
Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com

I'm booked on that as well :) -Thanks!

Hi again Aoife,

A few little tips:

Buen Camino
Nuala
Hi Jessalk. Sounds good. I'll be the one with the rug sack and apprehensive look on my face!

Hi Aoife, I'm also a solo Irish female starting in Pamplona on the 26th April- You may be a few days ahead of me but you never know we may cross paths-I plan to fly back to Dublin on the 4th of June also.
I'm very nervous about it all but also can't wait!
Buen Camino,

Avril :)
Hi Avril. I won't be going fast and will probably take 1 rest day each week so I'm sure u will easily catch up with me. Nerves are good I guess, means we have some idea about how tough it will be!
Aoife

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Flying to Biarritz on 21 April. Napoleon way on 22nd. Have done this 7 times. Don't worry, keep pack light. I never go over 6 kg. I bring basic phone, 28 days on camino so will be moving fast to be be in Santiago by 19 May. Bound to c u on trail. Buen camino
Hi again Aoife,

A few little tips:

Buen Camino
Nuala
Thanks Nuala for the brilliant advice. So far I think I'm doing ok weight wise. I cant fit too much in my rug sack, but going to weigh it all and remove anything that's too heavy.
Aoife

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Aoife....just back home to Ireland after completing the Camino over the last 2 years (with my now fiancé!..got engaged at the end!) - we did it over 5 trips about a week at a time - would love to do it in one go straight through though)....most useful items I brought were a headtorch earplugs
(for the dorms!)....we bought 'dry bags'...used two 5 litre bags each - you'll get them in (http://www.greatoutdoors.ie/index.php?cPath=122) - come in all sixes - found the 2 5 litre to be good...great to keep clean/dirty clothes separate and of course keeping stuff dry (my platypus leaked one day and all my clothes saved by the dry bags!)....used loads of 1 litre ziplock bags also....great for keeping all stuff 'compartmented' in your rucksack and stops everything falling all over the place. We also used Compeed anti-blister stick - we got a about a week out of a stick which suited us but found it to be very good - neither of us got a blister but doing the full Camino might have been a different story! I had a nice little Canon ixus camera (http://www.canon.ie/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_camera/ixus/ixus_265_hs/) - cost ~€150 but great little camera.
You'll love it anyway - we're just sorry we've no more sections to complete - will have to find another route!
Napoleon route may be closed off in April as yet by the way? We did it in August last year....check the weather and they have the info online when/if it's closed....hopefully not....it's probably the most spectacular stage. My profile pic is from the Alto de Perdon just after Pamplona (great city by the way...and the best albergue we stayed at: http://www.casaibarrola.com/ )....Alto de Perdon is a fab spot - we had great weather there....Buen Camino!
Fantastic pic and great advice! Plus u got engaged ahhh that's love. Congratulations. I've one dry bag but mustn't forget ziplock bags. Aoife

Doing Burgos to SDC this year starting into Madrid from Dublin on the 27th April wont be long now. Went the Napolean route last year from St Jean wasnt as much snow as predicted. Have a safe flight and a pleasant journey mi amigos slan go Foil and Buen Camino

€60,-
Hello Aoife!
I will be arriving SJPP on April 21st and starting my Camino April 22. I will keep a look out for you! Buen Camino! This is my first Camino and I am excited. I will arrive in Madrid and transport to Pamplona, then on to SJPP. Hope to see you along the way.

Hello Aoife!
I will be arriving SJPP on April 21st and starting my Camino April 22. I will keep a look out for you! Buen Camino! This is my first Camino and I am excited. I will arrive in Madrid and transport to Pamplona, then on to SJPP. Hope to see you along the way.
Great, hope we bump into each other! We can swap blister stories! Unless we are blessed and manage to escape. Aoife

€60,-
Hi,
Thanks Aoife
Hello Aoife
Me and my partner will be arriving in StJean on Saturday 19th for our first attempt at the Camino and hope to be in Santiago by 7th June. Hopefully we'll bump into you somewhere along the way. We also plan on taking our time to get as much as we can from the trip.
buen camino
Rick

Hi: I look forward to meeting you! I start on Tuesday, Apr 21st as well! Here's to hoping the pass is clear and the weather fine!
You'll be a day ahead of me but hope to meet u somewhere on the Camino. Decided to take forum advice and have bought waterproof trousers just to be prepared for some wet days. Hopefully not too many and I won't need them! Buen Camino.

Hello Aoife
Me and my partner will be arriving in StJean on Saturday 19th for our first attempt at the Camino and hope to be in Santiago by 7th June. Hopefully we'll bump into you somewhere along the way. We also plan on taking our time to get as much as we can from the trip.
buen camino
Rick
Thanks Rick. Hope you and your partner have a wonderful Camino. Here's to a good walk, few blisters and good weather for all on the Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Jessalk,
Hope to see you along the way. I expect to arrive at Biarritz at 12.30 on Tuesday from Paris but as I fly standby you never know!, hoping the weather is good for the Pyrenees, it's looking ok at the moment, after that I don't mind.
Buen Camino.
Derek.

Hi,
Thanks Aoife
Hi aoife, I am currently in zubiri and my other irish friends are in pamplona. At the rate I walk you should catch me so watch out for the hat with an Irish flag and a backpack with the Irish Society patch and say hello. Good luck and Buen Camino

Hi aoife, I am currently in zubiri and my other irish friends are in pamplona. At the rate I walk you should catch me so watch out for the hat with an Irish flag and a backpack with the Irish Society patch and say hello. Good luck and Buen Camino
Buen Camino!

Hi Aoife, for many the hardest decision is actually committing to booking their flight and starting, you've already passed that hurdle, I'll be setting out from St. Jean on Friday 24th April so should be catching up to you somewhere between Puente La Reina and Estella, gladly treat you to a bocadiilo and cerveza if we meet, I'll be the cigar smoking Irishman with a blue Lowe-Aline pack with forum badge, forewarned is forearmed. :rolleyes:

Buen camino

Seamus

Hi Aoife, for many the hardest decision is actually committing to booking their flight and starting, you've already passed that hurdle, I'll be setting out from St. Jean on Friday 24th April so should be catching up to you somewhere between Puente La Reina and Estella, gladly treat you to a bocadiilo and cerveza if we meet, I'll be the cigar smoking Irishman with a blue Lowe-Aline pack with forum badge, forewarned is forearmed. :rolleyes:

Buen camino

Seamus
Hey Seamus,
I will look out for you and hold u to that cerveza and bocadillo. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement I'm sure your right. My bag is a blue Bergaus so look out for me hopefully doing good and not crippled by blisters.

Hi will be flying into Biarritz on 21st also....late afternoon.....staying in Bayonne overnight .....then early train to SJPdP on 22nd might see you there....Buen Camino
Hi Fiona.
Thinking now about doing the same thing but will see how things go tomorrow and make my decision then.
Likely that I will bump into you enroute.
Aoife

Hi,
Thanks Aoife
Aoife, look at all the lovely replies! You should have a great time, meeting up with plenty folk leaving around the same time as yourself. Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back