• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irishman dies on way home from Camino

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
How sad!! Thoughts to the family for their loss😪
Go in peace pilgrim, on you last journey.
May your soul rest in peace, and may Santiago meet you and be your guide as you walk your last Camino to God. Amen

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
As I have become rather long in the tooth as the old saying goes, I have contemplated how I might pass from this life. One of my most cherished thoughts is passing away while walking the Meseta or any of a number of places all along the way.
Death for me is not sad, but just an old friend come to open a door to assist me along my Way. Please do not think I am so callous that I forget the loved ones of this life, but more of an acknowledgement that they will soon join me on the other side.
Our brother Phillip now walks a path that we will all soon tread. May peace abide with each of us and an extra measure for his beloved wife.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Rest in Peace fellow Pilgrim. Condolences to his family and all his friends.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As I have become rather long in the tooth as the old saying goes, I have contemplated how I might pass from this life. One of my most cherished thoughts is passing away while walking the Meseta or any of a number of places all along the way.
Death for me is not sad, but just an old friend come to open a door to assist me along my Way. Please do not think I am so callous that I forget the loved ones of this life, but more of an acknowledgement that they will soon join me on the other side.
Our brother Phillip now walks a path that we will all soon tread. May peace abide with each of us and an extra measure for his beloved wife.
I resonate so much with your words. While we may grieve the loss his loved ones have suffered, Philip Dunlop will have had so many memories to carry over with him. We never know when it is our turn and to have been doing something as memorable as this wonderful Camino should give some comfort to those left behind.

Some years ago I was on a cycling holiday in France with a group of people. We stopped off for a small picnic in the grounds of a beautiful church. One of the men was telling us that he was so happy and enjoying the cycling. He had just turned 65 and talked of retiring, which never happened because he had a massive heart attack just half an hour after we left the church grounds. We all clung to the fact that he was very happy just before it happened.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Rest in peace .love to all your family.the Camino changed my life.an unsuccessful trip in 2017 because of cellulitis in Leon.then I returned in sept 2018 and completed it from astorga..my heart goes out to you.
Regards to every pilgrim who make this journey. Garry x

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
May he rest in peace. I hope it rains at his funeral.

Mike

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back