Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Irun to Burgos

wayfarer

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
My sister in law would like to walk the Camino to Santiago but starting in Irun as she has friends there. Any recent information, accomodation, guides etc. on the Camino Vasco del Interior would be a great help and I will pass it on to her. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Madrid/San Salvador/Primitivo-2021
Wayfarer:

If your Sister-in-Law walks this route, She can also intersect the Frances in Santa Domingo de Calzada versus Burgos. There is some great wine country in the Brinas-Haro area. Also the Cathedral with the Chicken in Santa Domingo and the Church Albergue in Granon.

Slainte,
Joe

wayfarer

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Wayfarer:

If your Sister-in-Law walks this route, She can also intersect the Frances in Santa Domingo de Calzada versus Burgos. There is some great wine country in the Brinas-Haro area. Also the Cathedral with the Chicken in Santa Domingo and the Church Albergue in Granon.

Slainte,
Joe
Thanks Joe, I think starting in Irun is more important than where she intersects the CF so I will pass on all suggestions and advice.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

FatmaG

I started in Irun and walked to Burgos.
But the first part very "off the beaten track" (because I chose a very alternative way through the Basque mountains).
Parts of the way were common: between Irun and Hernani, Zegama and La Puebla de Arganzon.
I liked it a lot, but it was VERY lonely...
As to the part "la puebla" till "Burgos", it was quite weird, but I keep a beautiful memory of it - "weird" partly because I felt "very abandoned", partly because some stretches were along awful national roads where the trafic was simply frightening. (now, with plenty of distance, I think it was a minor part, but at the moment of walking, I felt very bad.)
This might be not very clear but in my head it is/was not very clear...

jprogers

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2005
Ptgse 2007 Norte 2009 Ingles 2011
Vasco del 2013 Ourense to SdC 2016
Invierno? 2020
We walked this way this year in June and used the CSJ guide. The way is well marked so you can just follow arrows but it would be worth the CSJ guide for accomodation as well as that guide recommended by Canuck- which looks good too.
There are a few Pilgrim Alburgues along the way. Basque is spoken alot. Regards Jill

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads