• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irun to Burgos

wayfarer

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2012, 2013, 2014.
My sister in law would like to walk the Camino to Santiago but starting in Irun as she has friends there. Any recent information, accomodation, guides etc. on the Camino Vasco del Interior would be a great help and I will pass it on to her. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wayfarer:

If your Sister-in-Law walks this route, She can also intersect the Frances in Santa Domingo de Calzada versus Burgos. There is some great wine country in the Brinas-Haro area. Also the Cathedral with the Chicken in Santa Domingo and the Church Albergue in Granon.

Slainte,
Joe

Wayfarer:

If your Sister-in-Law walks this route, She can also intersect the Frances in Santa Domingo de Calzada versus Burgos. There is some great wine country in the Brinas-Haro area. Also the Cathedral with the Chicken in Santa Domingo and the Church Albergue in Granon.

Slainte,
Joe
Thanks Joe, I think starting in Irun is more important than where she intersects the CF so I will pass on all suggestions and advice.

I started in Irun and walked to Burgos.
But the first part very "off the beaten track" (because I chose a very alternative way through the Basque mountains).
Parts of the way were common: between Irun and Hernani, Zegama and La Puebla de Arganzon.
I liked it a lot, but it was VERY lonely...
As to the part "la puebla" till "Burgos", it was quite weird, but I keep a beautiful memory of it - "weird" partly because I felt "very abandoned", partly because some stretches were along awful national roads where the trafic was simply frightening. (now, with plenty of distance, I think it was a minor part, but at the moment of walking, I felt very bad.)
This might be not very clear but in my head it is/was not very clear...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We walked this way this year in June and used the CSJ guide. The way is well marked so you can just follow arrows but it would be worth the CSJ guide for accomodation as well as that guide recommended by Canuck- which looks good too.
There are a few Pilgrim Alburgues along the way. Basque is spoken alot. Regards Jill

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back