• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Post-Camino Travel: A Mistake or a Blessing?

Time of past OR future Camino
2022, 2023, 2024, 2025
I'm doing my first Camino in August (Le Puy to Santiago). I'm considering planning a week or two vacation somewhere in Europe afterwards with my wife and some close friends. (We live in the United States.)

I've heard so much about the emotions one feels post-Camino, so I'm wondering if a vacation afterwards might be problematic. I love European travel, so usually a vacation like that would be a total joy, but will I regret not just going home after over two months on the Camino? Or will a week or two vacation afterwards with close friends be a nice transition before I head back home?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Although holidays can be wonderful you might be disconcerted by the shock you actually feel when you finish your camino. Be prepared since it can be very difficult to 'switch gears' back from independent pilgrim mode! Personally I have always found this change akin to passing through the famous Narnia wardrobe and quite a shock. Be sure to read what other members have posted re ending their journeys and returning to their 'real' worlds in this earlier Forum thread.

Whatever/whenever Buen camino.

Last edited:
I'm doing my first Camino in August (Le Puy to Santiago). I'm considering planning a week or two vacation somewhere in Europe afterwards with my wife and some close friends. (We live in the United States.)

I've heard so much about the emotions one feels post-Camino, so I'm wondering if a vacation afterwards might be problematic. I love European travel, so usually a vacation like that would be a total joy, but will I regret not just going home after over two months on the Camino? Or will a week or two vacation afterwards with close friends be a nice transition before I head back home?
I think you can make it work for you if you want to. :) I spent five weeks walking and then a week in London. I was also warned about the shock and it’s true. If forgotton how to small talk! But the bonus was I was glowing with happiness, had legs that could walk miles around the city and lots of time to think before heading back home. I loved it. Buen camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My niece who was attending a semester abroad in Spain did a Camino and then went to Italy for two weeks with family she also went to Germany, Amsterdam and Isreal. Not sure she ever actually studied, but she met many friends who invited her visit while she on the Camino. I think it depends on your mindset. Be sure to have family bring you some clothes and maybe shoes. We wore our shoes and some of our clothes out after 7 weeks of walking.

When @TerryB walked his first Camino I met him in Santiago and we took a week to recross Spain to return home. It gave us a chance to catch up after 5 weeks apart and for him to take a slow return to the usual pace of life. After each of our subsequent Caminos together we took at least a week to wander from Santiago back to Santander for the journey back to the UK. It worked for us. However a 'sightseeing' type of holiday would not have suited us as we needed time to reflect on ur Camino. Having said that we did look around the places we stayed on our 5 or 6 day return trip by bus and FEVE.
It all depends on how you feel and what you need at the time so maybe flexible plans would be best
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In general I think that it's a good idea to spend time after the Camino as a tourist before returning to "regular life."
One thing to keep in mind is to not spend more than 90 days in the Schengen Zone unless you have a European passport.

I actually like staying over in Europe after a Camino - makes re-entry back to the USA much easier since you split it into two stages (“not a pilgrim” and then “not a pilgrim in Europe”). I agree you don’t want it to be a hustle-bustle time jammed back with museums and restaurants, but you will be happier and healthier and able to walk circles around your family!

Get new clothes, include quiet times, be sure the days include walking, and enjoy being abroad without having to get up and out by 8am each morning.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is no generalized answer. You will have spent 6 weeks or more walking in Europe. Should you add a week or 2 more to do something else? It depends on many things, and you cannot really know what you will "feel like." If you walk into Santiago one day, and the next day rush to another city to meet non-pilgrim friends to socialize and sightsee, it might be disconcerting. Maybe you can build in a couple of deliberate transition days - either in Santiago or by getting to your meeting point a few days before the others arrive.

You will have spent 6 weeks or more walking in Europe
Since @BillW is planning to walk Le Puy to Santiago, definitely much more than 6 weeks walking.
If you walk into Santiago one day, and the next day rush to another city to meet non-pilgrim friends to socialize and sightsee, it might be disconcerting. Maybe you can build in a couple of deliberate transition days - either in Santiago or by getting to your meeting point a few days before the others arrive.
Good idea.

My wife and I have almost always added a week of vacation after our walks. So we visited Paris, Madrid, Porto, Lisbon, and Barcelona. All but Paris and Madrid for the first time. As we did so, we had each other to recollect and reminisce with, from time to time, about some of the people we met or some of the memorable places we visited while walking. So the Camino routes were still within easy reach.

For us, the urban part of our time in Europe was a nice complement to our time walking. And it was pleasurable to get off the trail and to get comfortable in a nice room and bed. Plus, we love art and architecture, so our visits to the Prado, the Thyssen, Louvre, d'Orsay, etc. were fantastic.

Neither my wife nor myself walked with any aspiration of having a transformative experience. If you and/or your wife have hope(s) for some kind of healing, regeneration, etc., maybe tacking on a week or two of a typical vacation becomes less advisable. Otherwise, it's a somewhat long trip from the U.S., so why not add on another travel segment to your walk?

To each his own. :)

Bon chemin, buen camino.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I've heard so much about the emotions one feels post-Camino, so I'm wondering if a vacation afterwards might be problematic.
After two months on the camino I just want to go home. Going somewhere else with family or friends just wouldn’t work.

I need to be HOME, in my own bed, sitting on my own toilet, catching up with my non-camino buddies, sorting out all my camino photos on my HOME computer, and everything else that needs fixing since I’ve been away.

Two months is a VERY long time to be away from home when you have a stable family at home with all the accoutrements that go with it.

If you are single, footloose and fancy-free, no problem, but for others Home is where the Heart is. Been there done that several times.

Go home after your camino and travel again later with family or friends on a completely different trip.

@BillW
You are planning a first camino with your wife, possibly followed by time with friends in Europe, for this coming August. I have two comments: first, having bought your return air tickets and possibly used up your time in the Schengen zone (90 days) when you plan this vacation time, what will you do if you find that delays of whatever kind occur during your camino walk? Suppose you and your wife need more time for your walk or wish to spend some unscheduled time in a particular place along the pilgrim route? This is your first Camino, so you are unlikely to be aware how much time you will need or want for the very long walk that you have chosen. I gave myself extra time for a long pilgrimage in 2021, then ended up giving away two weeks of it to serve as a hospitalera, and had challenges along the way which necessitated taking buses and missing parts of my walk in order to finish in Santiago. I did it for other pilgrims, so I have no regrets, but you may want to put some flexible time into your plan for your first Camino.
Second, your plans suggest to me that you are confident about the end of the pandemic by August, or that conditions will at least be such that you will feel safe to go and to invite your friends to go, and that travel to and through France and Spain will be open. I went in 2021, but I walked only in Spain and I had challenges with covid related regulations in getting there and getting home again. If you and your wife have thought this through, it may be that friends that you hope to spend time with will decide differently, depending on the pandemic conditions. There is much to consider at this time. Buen (first) Camino!

I think adding time for a bit of a vacation after the Camino is an excellent idea. I just would leave it really open where you spend the time and what you will be doing. Maybe you will want to be active. Maybe you will want to just stay in one place and relax and process. Maybe you will want to leave Spain. Maybe you will want to stay in Santiago.

The biggest benefit of planning for an open vacation time after your Camino is actually felt during the Camino itself. It takes the pressure off. You've got plenty of time and can take rest days or medical days when you want to or need to without having to worry about making a flight or finding yourself racing to Santiago.

When I did the Camino with my son in 2016, we thought it would take us about a month. I booked our flight home about 2 months after our arrival, thinking we could use the extra month to see some of Spain. As it turned out, our Camino took about 6 weeks. We enjoyed the extra two weeks of sightseeing but would probably also have been happy heading for home after the Camino. We were pretty tired. But I was really glad I had booked all that time instead of just the time I thought it would take us to walk the Camino. We wouldn't have completed it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

On our first Camino in 2017 (Frances), we spent an extra day in Santiago at the finish just to savour our accomplishment and take it all in then found our way back to Canada with a day stop in Madrid. We were supercharged and exhausted all in one and this felt right. In 2019, we walked the Portuguese way from Lisbon then at the end tacked 2 days on to visit Fisterre and Muxia (we will walk there next Camino) then flew to Lisbon where we spent a few days touring the city then met friends who flew in from a few places and rented a home in Sintra for 4 nights touring the area. This was magical, especially having friends from Barcelona, Aruba and Lisbon all gather for a special visit together. For this one, we brought an extra suitcase that we stored with friends in Lisbon while we walked the Camino.

What I have done is to reverse your plan by travelling about for a week or two before starting the Camino. But there is a potential fault with this as well. I cut my wayward plans short as the desire to get started on the Camino grew to a point where it just became the immediate priority.

Spending several days in SdC before leaving was the best decompressor for me as well though. It allowed me to solidify that I was at the end, that no more was being asked of me, so to speak.

Neither plan will likely affect the post -camino condition that you are already aware of...caminoitis...it is terminal from my observations, and experience. That will never go away.

My wife and I completed our first Camino on 6 Dec 21. If time had allowed....would have really enjoyed 'decompression' from the pilgrimage in some other European locale. Go for it!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

I transitioned out of pilgrim mode into tourist mode by doing touristy things in and around SJPP with my Camino friends (folks I met while walking). Spent 4 days there eating tapas, celebrating, shopping, and taking bus tours with different folks from all over the world who, like me, were waiting for flights or PCR tests or whatever. That four days was a nice way to change gears before heading off to become a tourist in Portugal for a week. I will admit that this activity did not stop the lump in my throat and an intense feeling of 'homesickness' for the Camino as I left SJPP. Keep things in perspective and don't overthink your choices is my advice. Stay positive but self-aware. It's okay to feel either or both sad or excited; either way you are extremely blessed to have this choice to make so above all, I wish you gratitude!

Ater completing each of my Caminos I have spent at least a week in Santiago itself before returning home. I have hired a car and used public transport to get around the area. There is plenty to see and do and I found this to be a good wind down from the Camino and it was good to meet up again with others I had met along the way as they arrived to complete their journeys. Family and friends came out to be with me and they too enjoyed the experience of meeting other pilgrims as well as visiting the cathedral and taking in the sights and atmosphere of Santiago.
Buen Camino
Vince

Time for reflection after such a journey is an amazing gift if you find the right place for YOU! I finished one of my Caminos and went to the Canary Islands by myself for a week, on another Camino I stayed in Santiago for a week, and yet on another my choice was San Sebastián for a week, and each time it has been the greatest opportunity to do some introspection and dive deep into my own life and think . . . "how have I lived?", "how can I make my life better?". I sought quiet and peace before reconnecting to my life as I knew it, and when returning home to my family, to my daily activities, I can say that my appreciation for all the blessings I have became even more meaningful!
Being with your wife and friends is a different dynamic than mine, but you all will have shared so many Camino experiences together that you certainly could have a wonderful and reflective time together without the daily long-distance walking goal.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Good Morning! I think planning a short vacation or "decompression" after completing the Camino is a good idea. Ive done four Caminos, and after each one I have taken some time "off" before returning to Canada. In 2009 I spent close to a week in Fintisterre, exploring the coast and just hanging out. In 2013, I took the train from Santiago to Irun, and spent a week doing day walks around San Sebastian, Hondarribia, Hendaye,....beautiful north coast towns and great climate. In 2016, took the bus from Finnisterre down to Noia on the west coast, and spent a week doing day trips around that area...charming coastal villages. In 2018, it was off to Lisbon for a week of great food, drink and exploration of that fabulous city. Bottom line is that extra week or so gives you a chance to reflect, to appreciate the experience of the Camino, and to relax back into a more "usual" pattern of life. However you choose to spend it, take some extra time at the end.

2018, SJPDP to Santiago, Sep/Oct, 35 days walking. Had five days before my return flight back to USA. Used the extra days to return slowly to Madrid on busses. Overnight stays in Salamanca, Toledo, and Segovia. Two nights in Madrid. Wonderful, nice private rooms, hot shower, TV in the background with weather report. Sitting in a very comfortable seat on the bus watching the scenery. Saw the sights. Prado in Madrid is a must.. Madrid took adjustment, so many people! Madrid is pricey but metro allows for lodging away from city center that is more affordable.

It is the most difficult thing to do post Camino. However the "problems" are all internal and personal which means that you are not going to be good company in the 2 weeks after. I found it best to fall back into "real life" which deflected the Camino obsession and for me definitely made it easier to readjust.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You could consider ending your Camino with a retreat. Several are mentioned in various threads and I have made a personal note to stay, post Camino, at the very beautiful Monasterio de Santo Domingo de Silos which welcomes males only for up to 8 days.

Other options that I have considered are volunteering to assist at an Albergue so that I can contribute to other pilgrims.

NO! Pick what you need. No one can really answer the question better Than you! You know your needs best. Trust your Judgement.

I love to wind down before we return Home.
After a month on the Camino…we flew to Switzerland and spent 10 days in a beautiful Swiss alpine hiking village. We had one base, not moving sleeping locations everyday, and were able to do wonderful alpine hikes each day. Perfect way for us to decompress.

Another time we spent a week in Dublin…and so on.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
After each camino we took some time off- also because we gave ourselves too much time to finish our caminos. We took the train to Vigo (1 hour?) and the ferry to Cangas and got an Air BnB for 10 days- walking up and down the coast, lots of swimming, hiking the islas cies, etc. Lots of hiking, but very relaxed. Dis something similar staying for a week in Esposende just north of Porto. Actually stayed in an albergue that had private rooms as well, talked to pilgrims about their camonis in the evenings, but lots of beach walking etc for us. Very low key relaxing, and then home.

All the way to Europe does not happen every day. I would say take advantage of any opportunities to meet friends and visit new places. My husband was not interested in doing the Camino but after my Santiago, he came over from Canada and we met up in Barcelona. It was a double disconnect: away from the Camino and with someone who had not done the trail, but all was well and I have wonderful memories of Barcelona that I shared with my guy.

I would recommend a transition time from the completion of your Camino walk to returning to your home. You might consider giving yourself a few days in one location to just chill. After my first Camino I had scheduled a week with friends who live in Norway. It was a perfect transition for me. They gave me foot massages every day and although we did go out a bit for some site seeing, we mostly just hung out. At the least, give yourself a few days in Santiago. Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
One of my Caminos was a wonderful pilgrimage spent with my wife walking the Camino Ingles. When completed we stayed two nights in Santiago de Compostela to enjoy that wonderful city. We flew from SdC to Madrid for two nights to visit the Prado and to then wander around beginning at Plaza Mayor and spiraling our wanderings outward from there.

From Madrid, we flew to Paris for 3 nights, staying at a hotel across from the Louvre. Then we picked up a rental car at Orly Airport and spent the next two weeks driving and staying at locations around France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, and ended at Frankfurt.

We stayed at a wonderful hotel at the airport for two nights, basing out of that location to visit various areas around the region. It was easy to return the rental car the night before flying home. It was a grand post-Camino trip.

Last edited:

I took about 3 weeks to tour Spain and revisit London after my Camino in 2019 - I've still got the glow. Don't worry

I took about 3 weeks to tour Spain and revisit London after my Camino in 2019 - I've still got the glow. Don't worry
This is a really great question. When my wife and I did our first Camino in 2016 (St Jean to Santiago) we spent 10 days traveling Spain afterwards. It was very weird. After spending 4 or 5 weeks in the Camino “bubble” we did not enjoy the tourist life as much as we thought. I suggest either doing the tourist thing before your Camino or just spend an extra night in Santiago. Perhaps an additional night in Muxia/Finisterre as well. Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You have received some terrific ideas here. I too agree that some transition time in Europe is in order before returning to the home world. My suggestion is to make NO plans for this transition. The full Frances from SJPP is five weeks give or take for most people, and your plan is much longer. Add a week, or two, or four on top of your planned schedule. When you get to Santiago, you will know what you need to do. Some want a big city with museums and restaurants. Some want to backtrack and keep walking the pilgrim life. Others pine for a seaside air BnB and peaceful reflection, and some just want to lie in a bathtub for a few days. Don't try to decide that now, figure it out when you get there. Arrangements are very easily made from Santiago (or Finisterre!) for busses, trains, flights, hotels, whatever. Intra-Europe travel is typically cheap and easy. By the time you get to Santiago, your newly minted pilgrim-self will be perfectly comfortable with planning the next week(s) on a day-by-day basis, without needing much of a detailed plan. The side benefit of this strategy is that you do not have a due date to finish your Camino. Its over when you say its over, and the remaining time is then spent to suit your mood (or your disabilities!) at that point. Just buy a ticket home from Paris (or whatever your gateway city is) for some future date before you leave. How exactly you will get to Paris and catch that flight is something to consider when you get to Santiago.

Buen Camino

We met friends in Porto after our Camino and spent a week at a wonderful Air BnB in Poiares in the Douro Valley. It was a wonderful way to relax, reflect and enjoy the beautiful scenery around us, take short day trips, and share our experiences with good friends. It didn’t detract from our Camino in any way. I would have hated to get on a plane and go straight home.

For a significant proportion who walk the Frances, and quite likely don’t walk another Camino, it’s an enjoyable cheap, long holiday.

For some others it’s one in a series of long walks which, somewhat unexpectedly, turns out to have more significance than anticipated. (Raises hand self-consciously)

For a smaller number it has a significance that I’m not really sure I’m qualified to describe but which ranges from the truly profound to the boringly melodramatic.

It depends what category you fall into.

If we might simplify the question to ‘should I have a two week holiday with friends and family and bore the pants off them with tales of my adventure’ then - yes, of course you should.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As you will have already noticed, what to do after your Camino, is a very individual thing. We all have different preferences.

For us, we drove straight down to Madrid and spent 4 days touring the sights galleries and monuments. I hated it. What I needed was to spend those 4 days relaxing recovering and reflecting, not traipsing around a major city.

Next time I will book a few days near a beach....

Hi Bill I may see you - as I am starting at St Jean Pied De Port on 23 August... In 2019 I walked my fist Camino - and I found it helpful to return to the 'non Camino World' very slowly as did the friends I walked with. Best wishes Yorkshire Terry

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
your body will be ready for a good long rest. And if you're anything like me, you'll be more than ready to sleep in your own bed! Perhaps you should have your holiday BEFORE you start the camino?
Along with building in some "flex time" post Camino, this sounds to me like the best option, especially since you need to coordinate with your friends, and your wife if she isn't Caminoing with you.

My daughter and I spent a couple of months walking from France to Santiago three years ago and booked an additional 10 days in Lisbon at the end. We found we were just over it…the Camino was the experience we had gone for and found that no amount of sightseeing afterwards could come close to the experience. We stayed only three days and flew back home. Everyone has their own journey!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

I’ve waked three different Camino’s and each time took 1-3 weeks afterwards to sit on the Mediterranean or relax elsewhere. Best re-entry medicine. Couldn’t have imagined returning to the USA immediately afterwards. Also - think about spending extra time in Santiago… what a joy to sit sipping coffee mornings along the Way and watching pilgrims enter the heart of the city.

I had 4-5 days left over after my first Camino and had chosen my return ticket from Bilbao, so I spend 4 days in "another Spain", the bustling, lively modern world in the city, after all the weeks in an open landscape spent in my own austerity and introspection.
I needed to decompress, to take it slowly and it was very rewarding, found lodgings in the old town, very good choice...

Last edited:

Vacation or not, I don't know, but it is certainly a good idea to make your return home a journey rather than just a flight home, so it sounds like a good enough way to achieve that.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
RIck said what I was thinking.
With one difference. He said:
Just buy a ticket home from Paris (or whatever your gateway city is) for some future date before you leave. How exactly you will get to Paris and catch that flight is something to consider when you get to Santiago
Another option is to book a flight out of Santiago that gives you plenty of latitude for wandering. I've never done it but often considered going up to La Coruña - it's a nice but not huge seaside town.

We did our first camino (VDLP) in 2019. We live in Australia, spend 3 nights in London, then 3 nights in Portugal (for both we visited family) and then we walked for 6 weeks. We broke these 6 weeks with a family visit in Madrid (4 days) then continued the VDLP. After finishing the camino we spend 2 days in SdC (because we weren't sure when we would finish and booked a flight a week before) after which we flew to the Netherlands, for yet more family visits. Spend 21/2 weeks, then another 5 days in Singapore before flying home.
the one thing we would do different is the long family visit at the end. Shorter maybe or before the walk as well, to be able to come home while still on a high from the walk. We both did enjoy a bit of down time in Singapore, where we just indulged in sleeping in and taking it easy. let's face it, we all know that while absolutely lovely, family visits aren't really holidays, and just hard work telling our story over and over again....making it less exhilarating each time its told.
Now, nearly 3 years later, we still mention the camino daily! So if it is a good experience for you, it stays, no matter what you do either before or after the walk.
Buen Camino

In 2010, after a few days in SdC, I took the train across northern Spain to San Sebastian / Donastia and spent time to relax and enjoy some pintxos and red wine. It was perfect.
In 2019, and after a few days in SdC, I took a bus to Ferrol and spent a couple of nights there before taking the FEVE train across the north coast to Oviedo and Santander. It is possible to continue all the way to the French border. There are many lovely spots where one can stop and take time to relax: Ribadeo, Cadevedo, Oviedo, Ribadesella, Llanes, Cabazon de la Sal, Santander, Bilbao ..... The FEVE train is a narrow gauge railway and is the slow way to explore a less frequented part of Spain. It requires no reservation of tickets and is very reasonably priced. You have to be prepared for the required tempo.

€46,-

On two of my Caminos, I rented a car in SdC together with two fellow pilgrims, and we drove along the CN in reverse to San Sebastian with 4 stops. Very recommendable and thoroughly enjoyable!
In a way, we were still in the Camino bubble, yet no more carrying and walking.

PS: A nice alternative would also be to drive to Porto, which we contemplated but finally dropped because the car rental cost shoot up considerably when dropping the vehicle in another country.

Last edited:
On two of my Caminos, I rented a car in SdC together with two fellow pilgrims, and we drove along the CN in reverse to San Sebastian

Oh the food you got to partake in!!!!!! And no albergue curfews!!!! Jealous

It depends what one means by vacation. If your idea is a run through the capitals of Europe or a week of parties in Barcelona, I don't know if I would recommend it. If you want to sit in a seaside village to decompress and reflect, perhaps it can be a good idea.

I have been travelling 5 weeks since finishing Camino on 5 June. I’ve been to Porto Barcelona Cadaques, wales, London, Lake District of Uk, Yorkshire moors. All nice but I do not recommend. My Camino feels like a long ago dream. Learning for me, next Camino follow up with 1 week minimum in a quiet location. I feel like I need time to absorb it. Wish I didn’t go travelling. My two cents worth. 💕

Last edited:
I never posted what I decided to do, so for a little closure, here was my decision...

Thanks to everyone for your advice.

I decided not to add a vacation with my wife at the end of my Camino. I did stay a few extra days in Europe before flying home. This allowed me to visit Porto for 3 nights with some dear Camino friends.

This ended up being perfect for me. I had a little "wind down" time before going home. Any longer would have been too much. After 70 days on in Europe (I walked Le Puy to Santiago), I was ready to get home.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.