• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is a Virtual Camino Frances in our Future?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm going to do it as preparation for my St Olav's pilgrimage. So it's a Camino before my Camino----I like it!! Thanks for posting this.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It seems Norway has decided to let pilgrims hike Norway from the comfort of their own homes.

http://www.na-weekly.com/travel/are-you-a-virtual-pilgrim-yet/?preview=true
Somehow, I don't think that a virtual tour run by the US based group Sons of Norway is ever going to replace the real thing. However, I applaud their efforts in getting people out and walking. If more people do some more walking because of this, that would be a great outcome. It just won't be me - becoming a paying member of the Sons of Norway just for this isn't going to happen. It might have if they had made it publicly accessible, but the pilgrimage is for members only.

I don't mind the membership. I just think it will be fun to learn some things about what lies ahead as I anticipate the real journey. I should say "I don't think I mind the membership." The office is closed right now and I have to contact them before I even know how much it is.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
SY, thank you for this information. I am signed up for the next session. One my only disapointement when walking the various Caminos is not truly understanding where I am, what I'm seeing, from a historial and art history perspective. I think this may help a lot!

Type Google Earth, directions SJPP to Roncesvalles and one will immediately see a string of photo icons exactly marking the Camino. A virtual Camino already exists!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back