• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is anyone walking the Way of Saint Francis to/from Assisi this April?

Luz

Time of past OR future Camino
st Francis (2014)
Hi,I was wondering if anyone is walking the Way of St Francis Easter week? I heard it's not as organized as el Camino de Santiago and that I should consider walking it with other people. If you're walking it, please let me know. I don't really want to cancel this trip
:)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi,I was wondering if anyone is walking the Way of St Francis Easter week? I heard it's not as organized as el Camino de Santiago and that I should consider walking it with other people. If you're walking it, please let me know. I don't really want to cancel this trip
:)
My wife and I are walking it in September so as to arrive for the Festival of St. Francis on October 4. Takes about 2 weeks.

Whether or not to do it alone is hard to say. I would. For a blog by a young man (21) who walked it alone in 2011 see: http://neverdontgo.wordpress.com/. You'll have to scroll down quite a bit to the entry posted on October 13, 2011 (written on October 11, 2011) - he walked the Cammino di Assis as part of a much longer stay in Italy, in which he also walked part of the Via Francigena.

There are a whole lot less pilgrims on this way, so you probably won't pick up a Camino family like you do on the CdS.

It's much less organized and has much less infrastructure - you need to register in advance and should plan to reserve for each night. You will want to be sure to have a phone for this purpose. There are less places to stay if you don't make your planned destination.

It's generally harder than the CdS. Up and down every day, with one day that has a 1,000 m climb.

If you haven't seen it, go to the official website for information and an application to register. It is at:
http://www.camminodiassisi.it/EN/index.html

I think it will be an outstanding pilgrimage. We're from a Franciscan parish, so all of the St. Francis sites have special meaning to us. We loved the CdS last fall, and, when we arrived in Santiago on the Feast of St. Francis, we vowed we would walk the CdA this year and arrive in Assisi for the Feast. Can't wait.

Good luck!

Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back