• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

is baggage transportation possible on le puy route?

daisy

I hope to walk from Le Puy in 2012 with a friend who has a back problem and cannot carry a heavy load, just a daysack. We don't want to sign up to an organised group. Does anyone please know of a reliable local transport organisation that would move a rucksack every day? Thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
From YOUR CAMINO

Spanish Adventures:
Camino de Santiago, self-guided. I live in Santiago de Compostela and have been working as a guide on the Camino since early 2003. As well as guided trips, I offer self-guided trips on the various Caminos, including the Le Puy route in France, organising your accommodation (with dinners usually provided in the smaller towns), and bag transfers so you only need to carry a small day pack. Stages are worked out according to your requirements and experience, and accommodation is selected according to your budget, in general using good quality local accommodation. I provide maps and suggestions on places for lunches and coffee breaks, and labels for your bags each day to ensure your bags arrive at your accommodation. See my website for more info. http://www.spanishadventures.com/ Contact Garry at garry@spanishadventures.com

Factage – three sections – Transporting baggage and pilgrims - factage.free.fr/
Le Puy to Figeac: Factage E2R – factage@free.fr
Figeac to St Jean Pied de Port: Rapid Bag – rapid_bag82@hotmail.fr
St Jean to Roncesvalles: Express Bourricot – apcaroline@hotmail.com

La Malle Postalle transports your luggage from stage to stage on the Chemin de Saint Jacques de Compostela between Le Puy en Velay and Conques
http://www.lamallepostale.com/accueil/accueil.asp c contact@lamallepostale.com

Lacoquille – People and baggage: Chemin du Puy – Chemin du Arles – Rocamadour http://www.lacoquilletransport.fr/ la.coquille @ orange.fr

You will find lots of baggage service on the Le Puy route. Look for postings on bulletin boards in gites, hotels, and pilgrim offices. Here is a link to the gite in Le Puy en Velay with information on baggage transport. There are many others.

http://www.laviedescapucins.fr/?page_id=69

Capucins is an excellent place to stay and start your walk. You can make reservations on their site.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
When walking the Le Puy route (in France -- Sillydoll has already addressed the Spanish section) it's terribly easy and terribly common to use baggage transport. I would estimate three-fourths of the walkers use it. When you arrive at your lodgings in the afternoon, let your host know your plans. There is most likely another lodger who is using a service, and you can use the same one. Generally the host will call and handle the (French-language) details, but you are certainly free to do this on your own if you prefer.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back