• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is Casa de Fernanda open?

Katie Brown

Time of past OR future Camino
Autumn 2016 - Camino Frances
The camino ninja app says Casa de Fernanda is closed for the season, yet also says they're an all season place to stay. I'm hoping to stay there next week, and I'm not able to call because I don't have a portuguese SIM yet

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The camino ninja app says Casa de Fernanda is closed for the season, yet also says they're an all season place to stay. I'm hoping to stay there next week, and I'm not able to call because I don't have a portuguese SIM yet

You can call using apps like Skype or Viber very cheaply. Note that Fernanda does not use WhatsApp.

Sadly, the Camino Ninja app is no longer updated since the creator passed away recently.

I’m booked to stay there in October. I had a friend who lives in Madrid call and make the reservation for me since they have no email or WhatsApp.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

I was at Fernandas place 4 weeks ago. :) Its wonderful!!! But you have to make a reservation!
Ask in your albergue if they can call. Then you will know!

You can call using apps like Skype or Viber very cheaply. Note that Fernanda does not use WhatsApp.

Sadly, the Camino Ninja app is no longer updated since the creator passed away recently.
Oh thats terribly sad :(

I was at Fernandas place 4 weeks ago. :) Its wonderful!!! But you have to make a reservation!
Ask in your albergue if they can call. Then you will know!
oh lovely! how far in advance did you call to make a reservation? hoping to stay next tuesday and havent called yet

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

In 2017 I emailed Fernanda and she replied promptly.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Oh thats terribly sad :(
Have you verified that Camino Ninja is no longer updated? I asked about this myself and was told that a few other people also worked on it and would keep it going. I cannot verify myself because I'm in Canada now and there's a known issue that you need to be connected to local.GPS (or something like that) for the availability of albergues to be updated

Have you verified that Camino Ninja is no longer updated? I asked about this myself and was told that a few other people also worked on it and would keep it going. I cannot verify myself because I'm in Canada now and there's a known issue that you need to be connected to local.GPS (or something like that) for the availability of albergues to be updated
I haven't heard that Andy had any collaborators on the app. He may have.
I do know that the app is no longer available in the Google Play store for Android. It's still in the Apple app store, but hasn't been updated since March.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back