• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is it necessary to make reservations Porto to Santiago in late June

Pilsprog

Time of past OR future Camino
I will be walking the Portuguese Camino from Porto to Santiago starting about June 18 this year. I haven't decided whether to do the coastal route or the central route. Since this is summer and a busier time of year, will it be necessary to make reservations along the way. When I did CF in May-June 2015 I made reservations after Sarria because it was so crowded.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It has the highest growth rate of the caminos, so you can expect the infrastructure to be stressed! After your first days, you will know if calling ahead is necessary.:)

Olá, it is recommended to make reservations. As falcon 269 said the highest growth rate, especially from Tui on. The spaniards start there to get the Compostela.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first day if you decide to walk along the coast to Vila do Conde you'll be fine without reservations, there is a great new albergue there and they accommodate pilgrims even on the maytresses on the second floor near the kitchen area if they run out out of beds. There you can decide if you want to continue walking along the coast or join the cetral way. Along the coast could be more expensive in summer, if other albergues run out spaces you might need to head for campsites and hotels/pensions. Orbitur campsites have special rates for pilgrims, almost stayed there for 10 euros between Povoa de Varzim and Esposende last Oct. There are more accommodation options on the central way, so maybe your feet decide for themselves where they want to drop for the night :) Yes, the crowds arrive from Tui, but you'll fugure it out for yourself what works for you by then. I walked the central in May 2017, was busy but no real rush for places, stayed mostly in the municipal ones all the way to Santuago.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back