• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is it possible to arrive in Sarria on a Sunday (coming from

Gooliver

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning Sarria->Finisterra on Sept 2012
(Seems people have asked this before but the replies totally ignore the fact that Monbus does not travel on Sundays from Lugo to Sarria)

My full questions are below:

I'm landing in Barcelona on Saturday afternoon and would like to get to Sarria as early as I can, to start my short Camino.

1. Is there a more efficient way than flying to SdC and taking busses from there to Sarria?

2. Is it true that I need two busses (SdC->Lugo, Lugo->Sarria)? Is there a more efficient way?

3. Are there any trains that stop in Sarria? RENFE's website doesn't seem to recognize this place. It does't even recognize Lugo.

4. Seems like Monbus does not travel on Sunday (at least not to Sarria). Is there a way to get to Sarria on Sunday?

Thanks,
Noam

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Re: Is it possible to arrive in Sarria on a Sunday (coming from

ALSA has 6 buses on Sunday from Santiago to Lugo. Empresa Freire has 5 buses from Santiago to Lugo on Sunday (and 4 from the airport). Monbus has 7 buses from Lugo to Sarria on Sunday.

Gooliver said:
3. Are there any trains that stop in Sarria? RENFE's website doesn't seem to recognize this place. It does't even recognize Lugo.
On the RENFE site if you select "Find All Stations" you can then find Sarria as a destination station. Unfortunately, their website is not functioning fully at the moment so I can't check on the routing but give it a go when it is back up. Lugo is listed in the principal departure/destination lists.

There is a guide to using RENFE site in this post.

I hope your journey works out, whichever way you go.

Buen Camino
Mig

Attachments

• FindAll.JPG
    FindAll.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 566
  • Renfe.jpg
    Renfe.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 564
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Overnight hotel train only. Cheapest price €103

00922 TRENHOTEL
BARCELONA (*) Destino: SARRIA
Salida Llegada Duración Precios
20.20 08.45 12 h. 25 min.

Vueling:
Barce;lona to Santiago : AM €40 PM €100

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back