• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is it possible to have the rented bike delivered to the Pilgrim office or at the refuge municipal?

gracie

I will be starting my camino at SJPDP and planning to rent a bike from bikeiberia. The bike company will deliver it to the albergue i will be staying. Has anyone stayed at the refuge municipal? do they accept the bike to be delivered there?

What about the pilgrims office, do they allow the bike to be delivered there and i will pick it up as soon as i arrive. I will get my credentials at the same time.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I will be starting my camino at SJPDP and planning to rent a bike from bikeiberia. The bike company will deliver it to the albergue i will be staying. Has anyone stayed at the refuge municipal? do they accept the bike to be delivered there?

What about the pilgrims office, do they allow the bike to be delivered there and i will pick it up as soon as i arrive. I will get my credentials at the same time.

Gracie,

The volunteers at the SJPdP Pilgrim office run by the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle are always most helpful. In all probability they will allow you to have your bike delivered to that office. Do ask however; the telephone is 05 59 37 05 09.

These volunteers also help run the municipal albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle. Recently renovated this is a fine place to stop (over the years I have stayed 9 times), but they do NOT take reservations. If their albergue is full they will help you find other pilgrim lodgings when you are on site. They keep up to the minute lists of available space throughout the SJPdP area.

Bon chemin and Buen camino,

Margaret Meredith

Hi Margareth Meredith,

I called but the guy spoke i French, he did not speak english to me. I tried again and we were still unable to communicate with each other. The third time i tried, it was an answering machine and still in french...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
gracie,

Try this email address -- caminopa@hotmail.com which is listed for the Amis.
If you write your request in English and translate it into French by Google translate or a similar program.

You might also try calling at another time/another day when a different person might be available to help.

Good luck,

MM

gracie,

Try this email address -- caminopa@hotmail.com which is listed for the Amis.
If you write your request in English and translate it into French by Google translate or a similar program.

You might also try calling at another time/another day when a different person might be available to help.

Good luck,

MM
Bikeiberia is wonderful. Tania will be glad to call the Pilgrims Office and make the arrangement. Tell her Larry suggested it. I have rented from them 8 times without flaws.

Bikeiberia is wonderful. Tania will be glad to call the Pilgrims Office and make the arrangement. Tell her Larry suggested it. I have rented from them 8 times without flaws.

Thank you for your suggestions MM and Larryflo, i am now getting very excited. My plans are getting into shape now. The only things needed is booking the bike and the things to bring:)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back