• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is Lezo directly on the Camino?

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
If it is, I'm thinking that it might be a good place for me to stop on my first day from Irun. I need to do a short day because I'll be getting a late start, after taking the train or bus from Biarritz, then mailing a suitcase to Santiago. I think that I shouldn't plan on getting on the road until 10 am. Since I'm sure that I'll still be pretty tired after a loooong day of flying from the west coast of the US (21+ hours of flying!) I'd like to be guaranteed of a bed, and I've made a cancellable booking at a hotel in Lezo.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you have Editorial Buen Camino, it shows up on an alternate, slightly longer, route towards Pasaia. South of what appears to be the main route.

If you have Editorial Buen Camino, it shows up on an alternate, slightly longer, route towards Pasaia. South of what appears to be the main route.
Thanks.
Follow up question - how hard will it be to get a bed in the albergue in Pasaia at the beginning of July, especially with my late start? I know that no one has a crystal ball, but it seems that lodging is pretty sparse in this area. I don't want to be exhausted from my travel day and hunting for a bed. I would prefer to stay with other pilgrims in the albergue, but there will be plenty of opportunity for that later on. I'm thinking getting a good night's rest might be more important.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks.
Follow up question - how hard will it be to get a bed in the albergue in Pasaia at the beginning of July, especially with my late start? I know that no one has a crystal ball, but it seems that lodging is pretty sparse in this area. I don't want to be exhausted from my travel day and hunting for a bed. I would prefer to stay with other pilgrims in the albergue, but there will be plenty of opportunity for that later on. I'm thinking getting a good night's rest might be more important.
Sheesh, I've no idea!!! Santa Ana pilgrims hostel only has 14 beds, again according to Buen Camino. Hopefully someone else can weigh in here!

Last edited:
Have you looked into airbnb? When I was sorting out my first few days I toyed with the idea of getting an airbnb place in Pasajes. There were several but ended up making other arrangements.

I walked that part of the Camino last September; a few km before the descent onto Passaia, you will find a detour to Lezo, on the left, a single track, it seemed well signposted

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I think that I'll cancel the Lezo reservation. I took a good look at where the hotel is on the map, and it looks like it's pretty far off the Camino trail.

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back