• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is one week enough to walk from Tui to Santiago?

Ffion Thomas

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues (2015)
Hi there, I am considering the last section of the walk from Tui to Santiago from 4th-11th August as I only have one week to do it, is this enough time? Could I even start a little further and still have time to enjoy it, and not feel too rushed? Also, does anyone know if there will be many walkers around during this time, as I am doing it alone, and would prefer to always see others along my route. Thanx :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We (my wife and I) did Tui to Santiago in 6 days (walking):
1 - Tui to Porino
2 - Porino to Arcade (Rodendella)
3 - Arcade to Pontevedra
4 - Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis
5 - Caldas de Reis to Padron
6 - Padron to Santiago

Of course, one day was spent getting to Tui and a further day going home: 8 days in all. We didn't rush - arriving at each stopping point early-to-mid afternoon. There were a few other pilgrims on the camino, but not too many, although we went at the end of May. Not sure about August: could be busier.

Cheers,
Biff

Last edited:
Hi there, I am considering the last section of the walk from Tui to Santiago from 4th-11th August as I only have one week to do it, is this enough time? Could I even start a little further and still have time to enjoy it, and not feel too rushed? Also, does anyone know if there will be many walkers around during this time, as I am doing it alone, and would prefer to always see others along my route. Thanx :)
Yep. And there will be others, plenty, myself included :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Yes, just my opinion, 5 days walking days should do it from Tui, or 6 if you stop in Oporrino. There are frequent bus services if required between "Camino towns" from Pontevedra into SDC. Do veer left to the new route 4/5 k before Oporrino and avoid the soul destroying walk through the industial zone into the town. New Albergue in Calda de Reis at the Roman Bridge on the Camino way out of town is good. It should be busy, have no fear. Enjoy the peace.

New albergue in Arcade too - absolutely fantastic - perhaps even the best I've ever stayed in!

FFion sounds like you might be from Wales.
I hail from neath and did the walk from Tui to sdc in 6 days at the age of 70. The albergues are very good and I am sure you will have lots of company Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Bon Caminho
You can be sure that a week is enough time. I will arrive in Porto on Aug 5th and start walking from there on Aug7. missed you by a few days. Good Luck.

Jim

Hi
It would probably be enough time. When I walked this last year, almost everyone I met finished that section in 5 to 6 days. It really depends on how far you think you could comfortably walk each day. I walked in late September and it was not too hot. August weather might slow you down a little. I would guess there would be quite a few walkers.

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back