• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Is QR code needed WALKING into Spain?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2014
Camino Frances 2022
Buen Camino Fellow perigrinos!

I will be flyng from NYC to Dublin into Biarritz, carpooling to SJPdP, and walking into Spain
Flying from Santiago to Dublin to NYC a month later

Do I need to fill out forms for the QR code? Since I'm not flying into a Spanish airport?
Will I need a QR code to LEAVE Spain at a Spanish airport?

See you SOON!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No. The QR code is only needed when entering by sea or air.
To exit you only need what is required of your destination country.
Thank you Trecile, good to know that if I’m walking into Spain ( Roncesvalles) from SJPP ( April 27th) I don’t need the code. Buen Camino to all ! 🇨🇦

Interesting... I have seen vlogs where restaurants will not serve you without a QR code?? Seems like you need a QR anyways?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen Camino Fellow perigrinos!

I will be flyng from NYC to Dublin into Biarritz, carpooling to SJPdP, and walking into Spain
Flying from Santiago to Dublin to NYC a month later

Do I need to fill out forms for the QR code? Since I'm not flying into a Spanish airport?
Will I need a QR code to LEAVE Spain at a Spanish airport?

See you SOON!

You will still need to fill out forms to enter FRANCE.

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...g-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/

Question: Do I need a Spanish QR code to walk from Portugal into Spain?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
No -- the forms have never been needed in that instance, and a negative test/vaccine certificate was only ever nominally required for walkers into Spain for a brief period in early 2020, but (as I understand things) was not in practice demanded even then, partly because of an exemption for those residing within 30K of the border, which would be the situation of the vast majority of those crossing the border on foot.

Interesting... I have seen vlogs where restaurants will not serve you without a QR code?? Seems like you need a QR anyways?
It's always been possible to at least get takeaway, except when the restaurants themselves have been closed ; which they haven't been for over a year.

Last edited:
I'll be taking a bus from Braga, Portugal to Spain to begin my Portuguese Coastal Camino on the Spanish side. I have already purchased a bus ticket for mid-May and the bus company's site has very old information posted (from May 2020). Portuguese Embassy info is difficult to follow. Has anyone out there recently crossed over by bus/train or foot to know what the requirements are?

The vlogs were from last year - so they probably are out of date :) Buen camino all hikers for 2022 - so jealous

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
While this doesn’t answer the “walking in” question…
March 31,2022 we flew into Barcelona from the United States with a layover in Denmark. The QR code was scanned and we proceeded through the airport with no issue. Very simple process to present the QR at the airport.
I do recommend taking a picture of the code before you leave home as my brother was having an issue opening his SpTH app until I reminded him of his of the photo…then it was a quick scan and walk through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back