Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Is San Anton and/or San Nicolas open?

Past OR future Camino
Pamplona to Burgos in 2012, Frances in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018 and half in 2019. VdLP in 2020!
Does anyone know if the Albergues San Anton just before Castrojeriz and/or San Nicolas @ Itero del Castillo are open for the next week? I'm trying to plan out the next few days and would love to stay at both places but I'm not sure if they are open.

Buen Camino!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.

SioCamino

Past OR future Camino
CF 2015, CPo 2016, VDLP[Sev-Các] 2017, VDLP[Các-Sal] 2018
According to gronze they are both open.

I also came across this interactive map from the association of municipal albergues https://www.amcsantiago.com/map2021/ which might be of help but i would stress that it only relates to the municipals (neither San A nor San N are municipals)

Hope this is of help - buen camino!

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Does anyone know if the Albergues San Anton just before Castrojeriz and/or San Nicolas @ Itero del Castillo are open for the next week? I'm trying to plan out the next few days and would love to stay at both places but I'm not sure if they are open.

Buen Camino!

Hi.

Acoording to Gronze San Anton is open.

Itero del Castillo albergue open too ( as is the Ermita de San Nicolas ) but Itero de la Vega is closed.

Past OR future Camino
Pamplona to Burgos in 2012, Frances in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018 and half in 2019. VdLP in 2020!
Thank you both so much! I'm hoping that 5th time is a charm and finally *this* time when I walk past they'll be open and I'll be able to stay :)

SioCamino

Past OR future Camino
CF 2015, CPo 2016, VDLP[Sev-Các] 2017, VDLP[Các-Sal] 2018
Let me know how you get on... I'm hoping to stay in San Anton in a few weeks... Stayed in San Nicolas about 6 years ago and loved it

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

Minnesota Jim

Minnesota Jim
Past OR future Camino
May to June 2014

Buen Camino!
We stayed there last night, Wednesday. Open and such a unique wonderful experience. Only about a dozen beds.

lralleca

Past OR future Camino
If you mean the Monestario de San Anton in Catrojeriz, I walked past it yesterday. I saw two people trying to check-in and I saw laundry drying on a line outside, so it looks to be open.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino

Gerard Hazelebach

Gerard Hazelebach
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (SJPdP - Santiago) September 2014
"The Peace Walk” (Vienna - Venice) August 2015

Buen Camino!
I think that it is open.
when you want to check whether Albergues are open or not use the website

www.gronze.com

it is in spanish, but you can have the website translated on your phone into english or practically any other language. At least on my iphone. In the top bar where the webadress is you click the Aa and then it asks to translate

Buen Camino

Past OR future Camino
2014, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Various routes...
Thank you both so much! I'm hoping that 5th time is a charm and finally *this* time when I walk past they'll be open and I'll be able to stay :)
It's a shortish stage between the two, but so worth it to stay at both places. In San Anton, if you choose the bunk by the door, you can see the full moon rising over the ruins.

The next day you can drop your pack at San Nicolas and amble over to Itero de la Vega for lunch.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Past OR future Camino
I think that it is open.

www.gronze.com

it is in spanish, but you can have the website translated on your phone into english or practically any other language. At least on my iphone. In the top bar where the webadress is you click the Aa and then it asks to translate

Buen Camino
Thanks so much for the translation instruction, you are the first that I have seen that has provided it. So helpful!

Victoria65

Past OR future Camino
Camino France's SJ to Sahagun 2015, Sahagun to Santiago 2016, Le Puy Route, SJPDP to Santiago (2018)

Buen Camino!
As of 5 days ago, San Anton was very much open! Enjoyed a lovely rest there with a number of other peregrinos.

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
As a former hospiteloero at San Anton I was pretty sure I had read that Ovidio was doing all he could do to keep it open this year. i wasn't so sure about San Nicloas becuase I had read the Italians could not come back to serve there this summer, glad to hear someone is there after all.

Past OR future Camino
I think that it is open.

www.gronze.com

Buen Camino
Sometimes with gronze.com I'm just not sure about how up to date it is. I thought (and I was right!) That I could get some very recent info here. Thanks everyone so much. And thanks to Ivar for such a wonderful resource!

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated