• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is that possible to release a video every day?

rebecca chen

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2016
I want to make daily video to record my trip. Then I have a question that is WIFI in albergue strong enough to upload a short video to youtube?
Thank you!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'd try private albergues; they tend to have better wifi.
It is up to you, but I think that after a while, you will find the daily "good wifi" chasing quite tiresome.
Maybe you can try some kind of "delayed video release", so you can profit from good places in medium or big cities (some stops in the Camino are really small villages).

I plan on doing a VLog daily as well and have started my plans already, about 5 weeks ahead of arrival at St. Jean. But I am prepared to hold onto files for a few days until I can upload in a good Wifi area.

To ensure sufficient power, I have purchased an EasyAcc portable Power Bank. I have tested this and it will recharge my iPhone 5S 6 times before depleting. That will keep my cameras up and running for several days as well as my laptop.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
WiFi is often not fast enough. But it depends on the resolution you are shooting at and hence the file size. The length of the video too of course!

Because of this I shot short videos of only 1 or 2 mins. Occasionally 5 mins. And edited them together later. But they would often take all night to upload.

Many times I just used the data on my phone SIM card. I went through a lot of data! About $2-300 in 40 days I think.

Think also of others wanting to use the WiFi wherever you are staying. I would often set my videos uploading when I went to bed, and let them upload through the night.

Depending on the purpose of your videos, you might be able to shoot in a lower resolution. I tried it one day but didn't like the lower quality look of them. I suggest doing a trial before you leave, at different resolutions. This will also give you an idea of file sizes that you will be uploading.

I want to make daily video to record my trip. Then I have a question that is WIFI in albergue strong enough to upload a short video to youtube?
Thank you!
I posted a video a day plus a few extra. I have iPhone as do most all my family and friends. That being the case, I upload all my videos and picture to iCloud photo share. It was nice because I was able to load longer videos that normally may be too larger to post otherwise. Also my family and friends were able to add comments or likes and it kept everyone up to date on my progress and gave them a sense of ease knowing I was happy and safe and having the time of my life. So to answer your question I know that I had no problem at all uploading anything. Even when I had no cell service I was still able to post because without any extra fort my phone would post as soon as was in a wifi zone. Gotta love the iPhone. It made my life easier to post. If you decide to take this route I'd recommend getting a higher GB phone so you won't need to fuss over running out of memory. I was walking and lounging in Spain for 60 days and only at the end was I running low, but I also had a couple full length movies downloaded as well as music. It adds up.
Good luck and Buen Camino!! You're going to love it.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.