• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is the albergue in Herbon open?

Lu Zajickova

Camino Portugues, Costal Route
Time of past OR future Camino
Hola,

we are starting camino portuguese costal from Porto tomorrowand I’d like to know if Herbon albergue is open as some in Padron are getting full already for our dates (and a lot of them require reservations these days) and we’d love to stay in Herbon if possible. The Camino Ninja app doesn’t say anything. Thank you!

Lucie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Lucie
This may not be much help - I only have access to the same internet as yourself...
But Gronze - which I find to be quite accurate - says it is still closed temporarily. And there are no guest reviews since 2019. I think you should assume it is closed, but I would ask any hospitaleira/o you meet along your journey, particularly as you get closer. Perhaps by bumping this up, you may get some more replies... Bom Caminho

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wondering if there is any news on the situation in Herbón. Gronze says it is temporarily closed, but hope springs eternal.

I am concocting a plan to maybe detour from the Geira at the end and head to Herbón or Padrón. Mainly because I have an extra day now that I am rigorously booking everything, but also because Herbón has been on my list for a long time. And I also want to go to that spot where Santiago preached, Santiaguiño do Monte I think it is called.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I emailed them last month and they responded that they will be closed for the rest of the year. This is the kind reply that I received, "
Buenas Tardes Rebecca.

Sentimos informarle que el Hospital de Peregrinos San Antonio de Herbón permanecerá cerrado todo este año.
Lo sentimos mucho.
Le deseamos uin Buen camino."

I can second that - it is closed for the rest of 2021 and possibly longer.

Wondering if anyone has an update on Herbón? Any word on if it might reopen?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Great day! I looked on Gronze (highly recommended for up to date opening and closing information).

The news is that they will be open from April 1 to 31 October. You can’t check in till 4 pm, so that is something to keep in mind.

Great day! I looked on Gronze (highly recommended for up to date opening and closing information).

The news is that they will be open from April 1 to 31 October. You can’t check in till 4 pm, so that is something to keep in mind.
Thank you! Appreciate this info!

Thank you! Appreciate this info!
I sent an email to the

Buenas tardes.
Para el mes de junio sí estará nuestro albergue abierto, eso esperamos.
No se admiten reservas lo sentimos.
Un saludo.
info@amigosdelcamino.com
I emailed them the first part of February to ask and this is the reply I got
"Buenas tardes.
Para el mes de junio sí estará nuestro albergue abierto, eso esperamos.
No se admiten reservas lo sentimos.
Un saludo."

A selection of Camino Jewellery
They’re just down the road from me. I’ll have a walk over there this weekend to have a look.

There are pilgrims along that stretch every day now and I imagine that there is already a desire for them to be open. That said, some albergues between Padrón and Santiago have yet to open since 2020 so I’m not at all surprised if the Herbón reopening keeps being pushed.

They’re just down the road from me. I’ll have a walk over there this weekend to have a look.

There are pilgrims along that stretch every day now and I imagine that there is already a desire for them to be open. That said, some albergues between Padrón and Santiago have yet to open since 2020 so I’m not at all surprised if the Herbón reopening keeps being pushed.
Grateful in advance for any update

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hi Wise Pilgrim... Is there an update on Herbón? My daughter is starting her Camino this week and would love to know.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello all, if this is the monastery in Herbon then yes, I stayed there last night. It was great!

I believe they have 30 beds and you cannot reserve. Doors open between 3-4pm, get there and line up your bags in order of arrival. I got there at 3pm and I was number 14, we ended up at around 22 that evening.

The tour was great and the pilgrim blessing something special. If you are worried and want to arrive early as was my original intention, bring food! The water at the font of Saint Anthony is drinkable and may just bring you love! You will hear all about it on the tour!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back