• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is the albergue in San Vicente de la Barquera closed?

psheehan

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, CPo, CdN, CPr, F, CS, CV, CI, VdlP, CS, CA
Hello,

I'll be walking from Santander to Villaviciosa in 2 weeks time. I was planning on staying in the albergue in San Vicente de la Barquera but it seems to be closed for all of 2018.

Does anybody know if there is alternate pilgrim accommodation in the town?

Thanks,

Paul

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I hadn’t heard anything about that, but Gronze no longer lists it.

Well, to update, with a little googling, I found an article talking about its closure.
https://www.eldiariomontanes.es/cantabria/camino-albergues-iglesia-20180424215806-ntvo.html
This news article, from April 2018, says it had already been closed for 6 months, due to its abandonment and deteriorated state. Sad state of affairs, but the last time I was there a few years ago it was in a pretty unsanitary state.

I think that leaves you with only private accommodations, but a little further on in Serdío, there is a very nice albergue.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have not heard about it. This is a municipal albergue,

Anyone know if it’s for sale?
I have not heard about it. This is a municipal albergue,

The article says the albergue is the responsibility of the Claretianos (Claretians?), a religious order I'm guessing, but that they had leased it out.

I would think anyone who wants to take it over will have to spend a boatload to get it back up to a minimal standard. I first stayed there in 2004 or 2006, and met up with the same hospitalero a decade later. I believe his name is Luis, and I wonder what has become of him.

Otros datos
Año de apertura:
Reabierto en 2016
Titularidad:
Municipal
Gestión:
Municipal
Encargado:
Kety Fernández

???

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back