Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Portugués Digital Guide Image
I update my digital guides frequently, for FREE for all purchases up to one year!

Is the alsa bus in santiago near the airport?

jleex88

is the alsa bus in santiago near the airport?

Im going to be flying in by Ryanair, and then hope to take an ALSA bus to Ponferrada.

Thanks in advance!

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Santiago to Leon bus or train ?

jleex88 said:
is the alsa bus in santiago near the airport?

Im going to be flying in by Ryanair, and then hope to take an ALSA bus to Ponferrada.

Thanks in advance!
I know some buses that goes in that direction start at the bus station in Santiago, and make their first stop at the airport. Then there are buses that does not. Check the itinerary on the ALSA website (when you reserve there is a way to see all the stops this bus makes, with times).

If you need to travel into town, you need to take the bus (taxi if you are in a hurry) to the bus station in town. It is about a 15 minute taxi ride. I am not sure if the buses from the airport go to the bus station or if they drop you off at Plaza Galicia (more down-town). If it drops you off down town, you have a 15 minute walk back up to take your ALSA bus.

The taxi rate is a fixed price from the airport, about 15 euros (don't remember exactly).

I hope this helps,
Ivar

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances