• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is the bus station near the railway station in Bayonne?

Mark2012

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012, 2014) Camino Finisterre (2012, 2013, 2014) Camino Portugues (2013), Camino del Norte (2015)
In another thread I started today, I mentioned how I missed my flight from Stansted to Biarritz today, and so have had to improvise a little bit in terms of a Plan B! Anyway, the new plan involves me flying to Bilbao this evening, and I plan to get a bus from there to San Sebastian tonight. I've booked a room in a hotel right beside the bus station, and plan to get a 9am bus tomorrow from San Seb to Bayonne. The bus is scheduled to arrive at 10.15am, and my train from Bayonne is scheduled to leave at 11.50am.

So, arising from all that, I'm just wondering how far the railway station is from the bus station in Bayonne? They may even be based in the same place for all I know. I've tried to track the info down online, but to no avail.

I would appreicate it very much if someone could shed some light on this!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Mark2012 said:
In another thread I started today, I mentioned how I missed my flight from Stansted to Biarritz today, and so have had to improvise a little bit in terms of a Plan B! Anyway, the new plan involves me flying to Bilbao this evening, and I plan to get a bus from there to San Sebastian tonight. I've booked a room in a hotel right beside the bus station, and plan to get a 9am bus tomorrow from San Seb to Bayonne. The bus is scheduled to arrive at 10.15am, and my train from Bayonne is scheduled to leave at 11.50am.

So, arising from all that, I'm just wondering how far the railway station is from the bus station in Bayonne? They may even be based in the same place for all I know. I've tried to track the info down online, but to no avail.

I would appreicate it very much if someone could shed some light on this!
I don't have a clue, I'm afraid, but can definitely empathise with the missed flight scenario. Still, I got my third Compostela as a result so it all worked out fine. Buen Camino!

AUTOBUS

Transportes urbanos de la ciudad de Bayona pasando por diferentes lugares y sitios de Biarritz, Anglet, Tarnos, St Pierre d'Irube.

STAB - Place de Charles de Gaulle.
Tel : 05.59.59.04.61
The buses gather across the river from the train station at the Mairie, but many buses go to the train station. It is a short walk.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, as Falcon said above, it is a short walk. It seems you'll have a little while grab some supplies. I know there are little shops near the bus station where one can pick up various items for the next day walk. This may be a good idea for you.

I think we discussed this before as I will be taking the same route from Stansted. May I be bold to ask how you missed your connection? Perhaps this will help me in 3 weeks.

Cheers!
Simeon

falcon269 said:
AUTOBUS

Transportes urbanos de la ciudad de Bayona pasando por diferentes lugares y sitios de Biarritz, Anglet, Tarnos, St Pierre d'Irube.

STAB - Place de Charles de Gaulle.
Tel : 05.59.59.04.61
The buses gather across the river from the train station at the Mairie, but many buses go to the train station. It is a short walk.

Thank you very much! Bus on the road now. Here's hoping for no more hiccups, at least until I reach St Jean!

mralisn said:
I think we discussed this before as I will be taking the same route from Stansted. May I be bold to ask how you missed your connection? Perhaps this will help me in 3 weeks.

Cheers!
Simeon

It was a bit sloppy on my part. I somehow got it into my head that my flight left at 1.15, but it was actually 12.15. By the time I realised my error, the clock was very much against me. In the end, the baggage drop desk closed just as I sprinted into the airport. If it was a movie, I would have been just in time!

As to how I made the mistake, well, I had flown from Cork to Stansted on the Friday, and because the flight on was my second of the weekend, perhaps I just didn't pay enough attention or take the time to doublecheck the ticket before Sunday.

And this morning, I very nearly missed my bus to Bayonne! I thought it was possible to buy tickets on buses over here, but when I tried to get on the 9am I was told I has to go to the Pesa office. At this point, it was close to departure time and I had already put my rucksack in the hold. I had visions of the bus pulling out without me, but I made it... just!

So far, I've been making this very hard on myself!!!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Sorry if I am smiling for you Mark! What an adventure! I'm smiling and smirking because this is exactly how most of my travels start. For some reason, I make things much more difficult than they should be even after 15 years of travel. Good to know I'm not the only one!

The great thing about the Camino, simply walk west.

¡Ultreia!

I'm thinking missing everything is a good sign...

well not as such, but it does imply that you have let go of the "control" thing that most of us run our life by which is a lot of what the camino is about (for me at least)

when I'm sitting in a train station waiting for a train and the train ends up taking off without me because I didn't notice, I consider that a good day...

so in just reading the post above

The great thing about the Camino, simply walk west.

I can't help thinking: what happens if your feet take off without you :shock:

Buen Camino (and maybe get a compass, just in case...)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back