• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is the Camino Ingles ok for riding bikes on?

min200

This is to be our camino and we are wanting to use our mountain bikes to do it. Has anyone used bikes along this one before and what were your experiences?

Thanks

Nick

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
HI - I'm not aware of any other pilgrim cyclists, although there must be some. In saying that the times I have walked the route I have regularly met sports cyclists even on the most rugged stretches. I think you will be able to manage the vast majority of the route on mountain bikes. It would be really good if you could write down your experience of this route by bike for others.

Buen Camino

John

We will be doing a full blog on the website I am going to set up about doing it so I will happily share our experiences here!

This is to be our first camino with plans for more in the future hence the site set up for charity!

I will let you know the link once its done if thats ok with the mods. There will be no "forum" on it just an indepth description of why we are doing it, the blog and info on the charity we are helping out.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The average distance by cyclists on the Camino Frances is about 50km so you could do it two days on a bike.

Yes - I was thinking the same. I think it will be essential to get a sello in Ferrol and then try to get several more along the way when they stop for coffee etc if they want a Compostela.

Cyclists need to cycle 200km for a Compostela. They could ask for the 'other' certificate.

Attachments

• Certificate  .JPG
    Certificate .JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,102
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back