• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is the credential valid?

Novos

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2016
Hi, i just arrived Pamplona and will start my camino tomorrow from this city.
I bought a credential from the albergue and already got some stamps.

Is it ok if there's no details or stamps filled in the first page?(The page with nombre, pasaporte,direcion etc..)

Thanks.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Nope they can stamp anyplace they want it just helps the folks in Santiago if they are in some type of order,

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Why wouldn't you want to fill out your personal details in your Credencial, it is really straight forward:

Nombre - Name
DNI/Pasaporte - Passport Number
Dirección - Address
Lugar de ... - Starting Point

a pie (on foot)/en bicicleta (with bike)/a caballo (horseback) - just tick the correct one.

Buen Camino, SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I encourage everyone to include a valid email address on the credential.

A phone number presents some problems to the finder and may not result in your notification. Email is free and easy for the finder.
Email is a simple way for someone to reunite you with your credential.

I have found more than a few credentials, over time..with no way to locate or return it to the owner.
I have found them in bars, on the trail, albergues, pensions and have had them turned into me as a hospitalaro.
It is sad not to be able to get them back to the owner.

I would imagine that the loss of the credential and stamps is very dramatic for some folks. The credential is the most valuable reminder of the adventure for many people.

Simple safeguard.

I encourage everyone to include a valid email address on the credential.

A phone number presents some problems to the finder and may not result in your notification. Email is free and easy for the finder.
Email is a simple way for someone to reunite you with your credential.

I have found more than a few credentials, over time..with no way to locate or return it to the owner.
I have found them in bars, on the trail, albergues, pensions and have had them turned into me as a hospitalaro.
It is sad not to be able to get them back to the owner.

I would imagine that the loss of the credential and stamps is very dramatic for some folks. The credential is the most valuable reminder of the adventure for many people.

Simple safeguard.
A splendid idea! I just wrote mine in my credencial. Chances are, it may lay in a purse with other of your belongings as well.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back